- Information Technology
- Singapore - Singapore
At Dyson we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers. Our IT team’s aim is to create robust architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and to continue to grow our world-class team. Join us as an intern and from day one, you’ll be tasked with projects to enhance your existing skills and stretch you out of your comfort zone.
We are looking for penultimate year students, graduating in June/December 2022 and who would be able to commit full-time for either one of the following periods:
- 17 May to 6 August (minimum 12 weeks) or
- August to December (minimum 20 weeks)
About the role
You will be working with the IT Business Generalist team and will be assigned to a live project putting your skill set into practice from the get-go. Some of your tasks may include:
- Support and work on the delivery of exciting IT programmes for the business
- Analyzing activity to identify business requirements to recommend suitable enhancements
- Opportunity to be involved in the planning, design and execution of IT projects
Working with the team and interacting across business stakeholders, you’ll need to be comfortable learning from others, but also sharing your own knowledge, ideas and opinions. Apart from the technical know-how, you will need to be an inquisitive self-starter who is passionate about learning and creative in problem solving. We’ll support you with a development framework designed to help you make the most of your internship.
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. You’ll be contributing to live projects from the start so you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in. But it’s not just about technical expertise. You’ll need to:
- Be studying towards a Business Management, Operation Management, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, IT, Business, Supply Chain or related discipline
- Able to commit full-time for at least 12 weeks from May to August or 20 weeks from August to December
- Graduating in June/December 2022
- Be able to evidence your passion for delivering projects, either through your university projects or as part of your co-curricular activities
- Be able to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure and service management and an understanding of project management methodologies would advantageous.
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
For your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume with expected year of graduation
- Updated academic transcript / degree audit
Please note that you should only apply to one internship position as multiple applications will delay the selection process. We will consider you for another internship role should you have the relevant skillset or experience.
Shortlisted candidates will undergo our early careers recruitment and selection process which could include digital assessments and interviews.
BenefitsProfessional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.