- Information Technology
- Poland - Krakow Office
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers. In the same way that Dyson engineers’ better technology to solve problems others ignore, Global IT transforms the way Dyson does business through world class and pioneering IT services and systems.
The Corporate Functions Team in which this role is aligned exists to:
- Deliver world class business partnering, product management and delivery services to Dyson’s corporate functions (encompassing Finance, Procurement, Legal, Dyson Business Services (shared services), Internal Communications and Dyson’s Family Office (Weybourne))
- Ensure governance and standards are followed
- Partner with the Corporate Functions to define and deliver a multi year technology roadmap that transformations Corporate Function services in line with Dyson’s growth and company blueprint
About the Role
Reporting to the IT Director for HR/Finance/DBS, you will be accountable for providing world class end to end business partnering capability representing to Dyson senior stakeholders within Dyson Business Services (Shared Services) driving a large scale multi year transformational agenda. Dyson Business Services is home to the following teams: Finance Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Record to Report, Order to Cash, our Employee Services , Indirect Procurement, Workplace Technology Services and Capabilities (e.g. Automation) Teams
- Providing overall IT Business partnership and Product ownership (DevOps) for your aligned business function
- Provide leadership and direction for the Product teams for your aligned business function, with accountability for a cluster of products in their remit
- End to end Accountability in providing secure & sustainable IT service delivery and continuity underpinned by operational excellence to those business functions.
- Create, own, and drive the IT Strategy for your function, partnering with the business to ensure this enables their strategic objectives. You will be accountable and responsible for maximizing the value of the related IT investment made in this area. The primary purpose is to effectively stimulate, shape, manage and realize the business demand for the IT investment in its assigned area across all regions and markets.
- With support from your manager, take accountability for the digital and technology transformation strategy and roadmap (build multi-year roadmaps with clear business vision and value) for the relevant applications in your aligned business function to support their requirements and partnering closely with other IT functions to influence and deliver broader Global IT strategy within the agreed Enterprise Architecture standards and governance.
- Lead and own the operational process of designing and running (DevSecOps) the global platforms and solutions within your aligned business function throughout its entire life-cycle ensuring we drive for exceptional IT service delivery and continuity for the business with support from your manager. Bringing focus and mitigating critical operational risk and driving a customer centric mindset into the way the team operates with a key focus on customer satisfaction metrics and SLAs.
- Lead a discovery for new demands by working with the relevant Product Team(s) with viable input from the Enterprise Architecture team and other IT functions to support your aligned business function in identifying the proof of concept
- Partnering with the business and Finance to develop Business Cases which clearly articulates the Business needs (requirements, KPI’s, value realization, payback, priorities, etc.) with support from your manager.
- Deliver Products in an agile manner (where applicable) on schedule and budget. Ensuring tight governance, tracking and financial discipline. Highlighting and tracking risk and issues regularly.
- Ensuring your business stakeholders (Global and Regional) have clear visibility of roadmap and plans to meet their demands, working with the wider global IT teams to ensure any new requirements are well defined and efficiently captured.
- Conduct Value Realization activities on a regular basis on all the solutions/products aligned to your business function(s). Reporting on progress – through regular cadence of track and monitor. Report on ROI/IRR accordingly.
- Providing Digital and technology insights into the business team on external technology trends, benchmarking, and innovation and how these can be leveraged to drive business growth and new operating models to achieve the expected goals and ambitions of their function(s)
- Coach executive business stakeholders and their direct reports and continuously raise their digital literacy; enable them to articulate technology needs and requirements that will advance business performance; proactively share technology advancements and market success stories in the respective domain; consult with Enterprise Architecture in developing the enterprise roadmap.
- Support the Corporate Functions Leadership in informing and influencing the function executives so that they understand, support, and adequately fund projects that are in concert with IT goals, such as enterprise architecture and the infrastructure/application strategy. Notify the business of IT plans and changes, and their impact on business performance or plans.
- Oversee the management of service transition activities such as service introduction and service acceptance of new capabilities for platforms in scope, providing guidance to Product Managers
- Lead and conduct regular Service Reviews in your respective function – ensure alignment and updates to Business groups – on status of key programs, roadmaps, benefits case, knowledge sharing, operations and more.
- At Dyson we never stand still, our goals are ambitious, and we constantly drive for new and better ways to deliver, as a leader within Dyson you will lead a global team, empowering, engaging and inspiring them to deliver against these challenging objectives working as ONE IT team to deliver the business objectives and needs in growing Dyson.
- Stay abreast of technology trends in your business function including management, technologies, sourcing, policies, procedures and other external changes that could have an impact on your business functions IT services.
- Ensure that your team and third parties are working within the bounds of Dyson’s policies and any global legislative compliance e.g. GDPR, PCI, Cyber Security standards etc
- Effectively manage global IT risks and issues associated to your business function
- Global travel to support your business function objectives when required.
You must possess very strong interpersonal communication skills being able to interact with key business stakeholders up to Exec level. You will also possess strong IT third party management skills for different sizes and complexities. You must demonstrate strong leadership qualities and be-able to manage teams across the globe in a matrix managed environment.
- Previous experience in Service Management/Business Partnering/Relationship Management role in a similar sized organisation (2 years)
- Strong budget planning and management skillset
- Experience in core Finance processes e.g. OTC, RTR, AP, AR etc
- Experience of product management of a SAP ERP landscape including Ariba, VIM, SAP4HANA, SAP BW on HANA
- Experience of Senior Stakeholder presentations and building of business cases and evidencing ROI
- Experience of defining a transformational agenda in a similar sized organisation
- Agile working – capable of leading and coaching teams in Agile and Lean practices, with the ability to determine the right approach for the team to take, evaluating this throughout the lifecycle
- Ability to lead teams through the full product life cycle
- A professional who can provide examples of transforming IT services within a global company
- Ability to engage and communicate with C-suite level
- A natural problem solver
- Ability to set strategic direction for business partnering services
- Experience with Vendor and Contract Management
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Nice to have: Experience of Blackline, UIPath, ServiceNow solutions
- Performance related bonus
- Life Assurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Pension scheme with competitive employer contributions
- Recognition Program
- Holiday Allowance
- Free fruit delivered for office staff, free coffee and tea
- Cafeteria Benefit – wellness programme, cinema tickets, Multisport card etc.
- Possibility of working from home
- Medical: Employee cover + opportunity to buy additional cover for family
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.