- Information Technology
- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing
At Dyson, we demand the highest performance standard from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers. In the same way that Dyson engineers better technology to solve problems others ignore, Global IT transforms the way Dyson does business through world-class and pioneering IT services and systems.
Our RDD & New Product Innovation (NPI) IT team
Dyson’s global IT RDD & NPI function has end-to-end accountability for the strategic roadmap, design, delivery, and support of many of the applications enabling Dysons global RDD and NPI teams and processes, with particular focus on early product research and development teams, the international research and engineering functions, robotics, and software development for teams located across 20+ sites in APAC, Europe, and China.
Reporting to the Head of IT, RDD Downstream, you will be accountable for the end-to-end support of IT services and solutions in-country. You will also ensure new demand is collected, planned, and delivered to the 300+ product and software development users at Calamba and Alabang.
- Full end-to-end accountability for all aspects of IT delivered to Dyson RDD sites and the 300+ user base in the Philippines.
- Partnering with the Philippine RDD stakeholders to deliver IT solutions and services aligned to the business vision and mission objectives, and be the bridge between regional RDD stakeholders and global IT leads.
- Oversee, define, and drive the Philippine RDD IT strategy and roadmap, whether centrally defined by enterprise or RDD IT architects or locally by you and delivered in partnership with global IT teams and global or local partners, resulting in stable, predictable, and cost-effective IT services.
- Designing, developing, implementing, and coordinating systems, policies and procedures in line with the global IT strategy, working closely with the Group IT functions.
- Project Management - co-ordination of the estimation, planning, tracking, and execution of local IT solutions.
- Business analysis - capturing, documenting, and presenting business requirements.
- Product Management – provide support to the RDD & NPI IT Product Management function and its partners in region and its customers in the Philippines.
- Initiate, understand, inform, and be accountable for risks and issues associated with cyber security, physical security, and data security audits.
- Have a keen awareness of regional legislation pertaining to IT delivery and operation and inform global IT policy accordingly.
- Consistently strive to add value to the business and make working more efficient and effective.
- Providing an exceptional IT service culture that delivers for the organization and all stakeholders.
- Agreeing estimates, costs, timescales, and standards to be met and monitoring these through the project utilizing the established global IT project and programme management methodology
- Planning, delivering and supporting IT infrastructure operations for Dyson.
- Working with the Global Service Management arm of RDD & NPI IT, be accountable for the 24/7 delivery of service operations and KPI compliance, including local and global vendor management and incident and problem management.
- Participating in IT strategic planning, project planning, and budget planning efforts.
- Establishing and maintaining strong, strategic partnerships with vendors and service suppliers.
- Coordinating resources and funding requests with the RDD and NPI IT project management office (PMO).
- A minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience of a similarly dynamic, international role and complex organization with a proven working knowledge of leading an IT function in a market working as part of a regional and global matrix managed team.
- Highly skilled in business partnering and relationship management working closely with customers and the IT delivery teams and experience of actively seeking information to understand customers’ circumstances, problems, expectations and needs.
- A proven track record of project and programme management delivering multiple and concurrent programmes and projects on time and to budget.
- Experience of working with cross function partnerships, identifying and developing partnerships with a wide variety of internal global IT teams and functions, procurement, supplier management, and Legal teams, as well as external vendors.
- An understanding of the value of customer focus and developing and maintaining customer relations with internal RDD stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the experience and confidence needed for informed decision making that supports a business strategy, direction, or a tactical delivery.
- Experience of planning, delivering, and supporting cloud services from AWS, Google Cloud, and Azure.
- Experience of planning, delivering, and supporting IT services into new and existing sites, including end user support, M365 provision, WAN and LAN network provision, and corporate standard AV and meeting room solutions.
- Experience of working within or as a customer of an agile development methodology.
- Experience of a formal vendor selection and tender process
- Experience of global vendor management.
- Experience of working in an organization delivering engineering or software development services.
- Experience of supporting simulation software for material properties, fluid dynamics, failure mode and effects analysis, etc.
- Experience of supporting product lifecycle software.
- Experience of planning, delivering, and supporting virtual desktop infrastructure, both on-premises and from Azure.
- Experience of planning, delivering, and supporting high performance computing solutions.
- Degree educated (BSc/BA/B.E. in relevant field, Computers / IT)
Person Specification / Core Competencies
- Fluent in English (and local required languages)
- Excellent organizational and planning ability.
- Excellent cross functional team management skills.
- Written and verbal skills - able to communicate at all levels of the business.
- Presentation skills - ability to confidently communicate complex messages to senior internal and external stakeholders as well as large groups during internal events.
- Ability to work in a global fast paced and challenging environment.
- Strong service management skills.
- Team player that leads by example.
- Adaptable, flexible, and approachable.
- Strong drive and motivation
- Willingness to travel within the Philippines, the wider APAC region, and occasionally to the UK.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.