- Information Technology
- Singapore - Technology Centre
At Dyson, we demand the highest performance standard from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers. In the same way that Dyson engineers better technology to solve problems others ignore, Global IT transforms the way Dyson does business through world-class and pioneering IT services and systems.
About the role
Dyson’s global IT RDD (Research, Design and Development) & NPI (New Product Innovation) function has end-to-end accountability for the strategic roadmap, design, delivery, and support of many of the applications enabling our teams of 1000+ users and processes.
- Partner with Singapore RDD stakeholders to deliver IT solutions and services aligned to the business vision and mission objectives, and be the bridge between regional RDD stakeholders and global IT leads.
- Oversee, define, and drive the Singapore RDD IT strategy and roadmap, whether centrally defined by enterprise or RDD IT architects or locally by you and delivered in partnership with global IT teams and global or local partners, resulting in stable, predictable, and cost-effective IT services.
- Initiate, understand, inform, and be accountable for risks and issues associated with cyber security, physical security, and data security audits.
- Planning, delivering and supporting IT infrastructure operations for Dyson.
- Working with the Global Service Management arm of RDD & NPI IT, be accountable for the 24/7 delivery of service operations and KPI compliance, including local and global vendor management and incident and problem management.
- Establishing and maintaining strong, strategic partnerships with vendors and service suppliers.
- Coordinating resources and funding requests with the RDD and NPI IT project management office (PMO).
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- Experience of a similarly dynamic, international role and complex organization with a proven working knowledge of leading an IT function in a market working as part of a regional and global matrix managed team.
- Highly skilled in business partnering and relationship management working closely with customers and the IT delivery teams and experience of actively seeking information to understand customers’ circumstances, problems, expectations and needs.
- Experience of working with cross function partnerships, identifying and developing partnerships with a wide variety of internal global IT teams and functions, procurement, supplier management, and legal teams, as well as external vendors.
- Experience of planning, delivering, and supporting cloud services from AWS, Google Cloud, and Azure.
- Experience of planning, delivering, and supporting IT services into new and existing sites, including end user support, M365 provision, WAN and LAN network provision, and corporate standard AV and meeting room solutions.
- Experience of a formal vendor selection and tender process as well as global vendor management.
- Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate at all levels of the business.
- Excellent organizational, planning and cross functional team management skills.
- Willingness to travel regularly within Singapore and Malaysia and occasionally in the wider APAC region and the UK.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.