- Information Technology
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
About the roleReporting to the Head of IT, APAC, the IT Manager will be managing two sites in Malaysia - our advanced manufacturing facility as well as the development centre in Senai, Malaysia.As the first port of call for many incoming requests, you will develop strong relationships across our line of business functions. You’ll be responsible for the management of incidents, maintenance activities and service requests within the applications portfolio. You will be working closely with SMEs and partner organisations across the Global IT function to maintain stable high performing application service that often rely on a complex and varied IT ecosystem. The ability to quickly, efficiently and to accurately move issues through the process is a must, as is the ability to work with other regions and areas of IT.
The role has the following key deliverables:
- Manage the implementation, governance and compliance of global support processes in your region – including queue management and ticket handling
- Facilitate routine maintenance across the application portfolio
- Lead the recovery of production incidents to agreed SLAs
- Facilitate effective/efficient handover/takeover responsibilities with adjacent global support teams to enable a truly seamless 24/7 operation
- Manage 3rd party providers to meet maintenance and recovery SLAs
- Collate and report operations data as required for the global operations and support practice
- Monitor key system performance and initiate pre-emptive actions to prevent production incidents
- Ownership of Service Reviews with the providers and business areas as required.
- Create and maintain an effective knowledge base accessible across global support operations
- Ensure documentation is available, up to date and clearly communicated
- Promote continual service improvement across the operations catalogue and application portfolio
- Monitor trends, anticipate regional requirements, manage proactively with global support teams, and practice leadership.
- Maintain a global operations risk register
- Produce MI reports on and performance KPIs as directed for global application services
- Provide SME capability as defined/agreed with practice leadership
About youYou’ll need to be organised and confident, with the ability to work under pressure using your own initiative. Customer focused, with the ability to articulate technical issues in business terms to partner organisations and IT leaders whilst managing stakeholder expectations. You will have an IT Service background, with experience of Retail, E-Commerce, Front Office, CRM, ERP, Finance, Legal, compliance and digital platforms being an advantage. Skills:
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills.
- Enthusiastic advocate of business change and innovation.
- Experience of leading for IT Service in a function supporting enterprise business applications.
- Ability to manage major incidents in large and complex eco-systems, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Understands the importance of processes, procedures and accurate documentation.
- Ability to anticipate potential problems and to collate data sets to show trends and focus investment in proactive support practices.
- Ability to produce meaningful management information and KPI’s to enable business decisions.
- Able to inject a sense of urgency when needed.
- At least 5 years of experience working with IT in a manufacturing environment
- At least 3 years of experience working with process/industrial control systems, PLC/SCADA or DCS
- Project management experience is an added advantage
- Experience supporting IT and/or production engineering in a manufacturing operational environment
- Knowledge of MES, ERP, CMMS, or Order Mgmt. Systems
- Experience in Manufacturing IT infrastructure design
- Experience in Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) with proven technical leadership in manufacturing systems projects
- Experience with SAP S4 Hana system will be a plus
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.