- Information Technology
- Singapore - Advanced Manufacturing
About the Role
Dyson has manufacturing facilities in the APAC region (Singapore, Malaysia and Philippines) and our manufacturing footprint and future ambition is growing at speed. The IT Manager (Singapore - Advanced Manufactu) leads the IT manufacturing operational teams based within the Singapore plant location. The role exists to drive synergy, operational excellence and an aligned approach into the manufacturing IT operational team ensuring that the plant-based members are expertly supported and led in their protection and improvement of all the business capabilities required to facilitate Dyson production.
As the first port of call for many incoming requests, you will develop strong relationships within the Singapore manufacturing plant teams as well as with adjacent business functions. You’ll be responsible for the management of incidents, maintenance activities and service requests within the applications portfolio. You will be working closely with SMEs and partner organizations across the Global IT function to maintain stable high performing application and infrastructure services that often rely on a complex and varied IT ecosystem.
Main Job Responsibilities
- Manage the implementation, governance and compliance of global support processes in your region – including queue management and ticket handling
- Facilitate routine maintenance across the application and infrastructure portfolio together with internal and 3rd party IT vendors
- Lead the recovery of production incidents to agreed SLAs
- Facilitate effective/efficient handover/takeover responsibilities with adjacent global support teams to enable a truly seamless 24/7 operation
- Manage 3rd party providers to meet maintenance and recovery SLAs
- Collate and report operations data as required for the global IT operations practice
- Monitor key system performance and initiate preemptive actions to prevent production incidents
- Ownership of Service Reviews with the providers and business areas as required
- Create and maintain an effective knowledge base, accessible across global support operations
- Ensure documentation is available, up to date and clearly communicated
- Promote continual service improvement across the operations catalogue and application portfolio
- Monitor trends, anticipate regional requirements, manage proactively with global support teams, and practice leadership
- Managing the annual IT team OPEX budget
- Maintain a global operations risk register for your area of oversight
- Produce performance KPIs as needed for global application services
- Provide SME capability as defined/agreed with practice leadership
- Your responsibilities may be updated as your job role change
You’ll need to be organized and confident, with the ability to work under pressure using your own initiative. Customer focused, with the ability to articulate technical issues in business terms to partner organizations and IT leaders whilst managing stakeholder expectations. You will have an IT Service background, with experience of Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Logistics, ERP, Finance, Legal, compliance and digital platforms being an advantage.
- At least 5+ years of experience leading teams and supporting IT in a manufacturing operational environment
- Solid experience of managing an IT operational team
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to analyze complex situations and develop creative, effective, efficient solutions
- Requires excellent knowledge of technology & support environments, including cloud computing, computing hardware, software, networking, etc.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Enthusiastic advocate of business change and innovation
- Ability to manage major incidents (with operational impact) in large and complex eco-systems, ensuring deadlines are met
- Understands the importance of processes, procedures and accurate documentation
- Ability to produce meaningful management information and KPI’s to enable business decisions
- At least 3 years of experience working with process/industrial control systems, PLC/SCADA or DCS
- Knowledge of MES, ERP, CMMS, PLM, SAP a plus
- Experience in Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) with proven technical leadership in manufacturing systems projects
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.