- Project and Programme Management
- Poland - Krakow Office
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT is mid-transformation. Our aim is to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently, and to continue to grow our world-class team that is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth, and success.
We have end-to-end accountability for the design, delivery, and support of all business systems, enabling Dyson’s global commercial, operational, and enterprise business process in 82 markets. The team is arranged into investment areas including Commercial and Connectivity, Retail, Supply Chain and Manufacturing, Product Development, Corporate – and many others.
We have some exciting, global eCommerce IT projects on the horizon in our Commercial and Connectivity team, and so we have a new opportunity for a Programme Manager to join us.
About the role
As our Programme Manager, you will oversee critical projects and manage up to three Project Managers. Reporting to the Head of Programme Management Practice, you’ll be responsible for leading these large-scale programmes that contribute to the delivery of strategic outcomes.
You will lead the development of business cases and their approvals via project leads and SMEs, aligning with senior stakeholders, building consensus across large and diverse groups, and working closely with the relevant Portfolio Directors to cement relationships
You will provide direction and guidance on the development of the team and the PPM community, building and maintaining a strong, high-performing, delivery-focused Programme team, securing resources, and directing planning scheduling, resourcing, and estimating for complex, large-scale programmes.
You will oversee risk and issue management, ensuring mitigations are in place and resolved through negotiated agreements. You will look after performance and controls, identifying success criteria, setting project controls and being accountable for the overall integrity, coherence, and progress of programmes, cascading the leadership vision and translating it into delivery objectives for the team.
- Extensive experience in IT programme management, ideally gained in strategic, complex projects, for large organisations
- Experience in eCommerce and a track record in successfully delivering complex £multi-million transformation projects, in large organisations
- Previous success via matrix management (including offshore/remote teams), with experience building high-performing teams
- Practitioner-level knowledge of a range of programme and project management methodologies
- Strong leadership abilities including structured and strategic thinking, critical analysis, and proactivity
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, across a range of audiences, including C-suite
- A credible change agent, with a track record of successfully managing change and delivering transformation
- Knowledge of advanced risk management techniques
- Expertise in effective financial stewardship including the development of robust business cases
- Experience in leading complex and large value tender/vendor selection (desirable)
- Experience of benefits realisation for both quantitative and qualitative benefits (desirable)
- Knowledge of change management techniques and methods (desirable)
- Performance-related bonus
- Life assurance, accidental death, and dismemberment insurance
- Pension scheme with competitive employer contributions
- Recognition Program
- Holiday Allowance
- Free fruit delivered for office staff, free coffee, and tea
- Cafeteria benefits, wellness programme, cinema tickets, multisport card, etc.
- Dyson on-site canteen with discounted meals
- Employee medical cover, with the opportunity to buy cover for family
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and dependents
- Reimbursement for costs of eyeglasses
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.