- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Our Digital Workplace Services team exists to:
- Deliver world class Service Desk, End User Computing, Collaboration, Legal and HR IT Services to Dyson’s global employees (circa 15,500 users)
- Ensure ITIL aligned governance and standards are followed
- Drive continual improvement into the Digital Workplace services space in line with Dyson’s growth
- Deliver a road-map for all Digital Workplace services to drive transformation required to support Dyson’s blueprint
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the business, ensuring regular communication of service requirements, service improvements, risks, service changes, service outages and service issues.
About the roleReporting to the Head of Digital Workplace Programmes and Projects you will be responsible for:
- Working with PMO maintaining a high quality project management methodology (both Agile and Waterfall - depending on project)
- Ensuring all aspects of change (both business and technical) are managed and implemented through the lifecycle of each project, working with other IT teams and business functions as necessary.
- Contributing to transforming Dyson Digital Workplace IT Services into a strategic function through ensuring IT programmes and projects are structured, well planned and executed globally.
- Ensuring all programmes and projects within your control are delivered to a high standard and to approved time, cost and scope as per the business case
- Ensuring strong business stakeholder management through governance processes and standards.
- Managing the key interdependencies within the wider IT roadmap, BAU releases and those external to IT.
- Working with the Head of Digital Workplace Programme and Projects to manage changes in roadmap direction, scope, costs, resources and timing.
- Effectively owning and managing all project and programme risks and issues for your allocated area.
- Leading on the creation of business cases for your programme with clear evidence of return on investment in line with the approved business
- Manage a team of IT Project practicing DSDM / Agile PM and PRINCE2 waterfall delivery and organising well organised 1:1s, team meetings, quarterly, six monthly and end of year appraisals.
- Supporting Dyson IT to lower its cost to serve and be cost effective in every way through overseeing the Capex budget for IT projects and reporting monthly LE to Head of Digital Workplace Programmes and Projects.
- Good knowledge of programme and project management methods including DSDM / Agile PM and PRINCE2.
- Good knowledge of Planview to work with PMO to build good practice.
- Practical execution of change management.
- Advanced risk management.
- At least 8 years’ experience of IT project and programme management, ideally gained in strategic complex projects for large organisations.
- A proven record in large scale, transformational delivery.
- In depth knowledge and experience of all stages of the project and programme lifecycle, including development of business cases, mobilisation of programmes.
- Knowledge of multiple project management methodologies.
- Experience of delivering complex programmes.
- Experience in managing offshore/remote teams
- A strong agent of change.
- Ability to develop a strong programme team, potentially across multiple organisations and locations.
- Strategy formulation.
- Organisational design, business change management / communication planning.
- Budget management and financial reporting.
- Business case development and benefit realisation.
- Experience in leading complex and large value tender / vendor selections.
- Ability to lead an engagement with a client.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.