- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Established in 2013, Weybourne is the family office for the Dyson family. Weybourne manages investments and provides financial and other professional support to the family, their estates, and business interests. The latter covers a wide range of sectors, including farming, aviation, financial investments, commercial and residential property, music and several others. We currently have a team of around 65 employees, whose roles cover accountancy, financial control, tax and treasury, property and investment management, security, risk, and HR based in the both the UK and Singapore.
Our employees are offered a competitive reward package and the opportunity to work in a challenging and diverse environment. We’re really passionate about learning and have a strong focus on development through external courses, progression opportunities and cross skilling. We are proud of our well being offering and comprehensive employee engagement strategy.
Overview – Department
The IT Department are currently looking for a Project Manager / Business Analyst to join the already established team of 11.
As Project Manager / Business Analyst you will be required to work closely with key stakeholders to effectively identify and manage and deliver an interesting mix of IT projects across the wide range of sectors that comprise this business. You will be required to collect and clarify business requirements into documentation and design from which solutions are developed, and then be responsible for planning the project activities to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and to scope.
How we work:
With an eye on the future, we work with a strong collective purpose to offer considered and practical advice to the Family and their businesses. Acting in the Family’s best interest is, always, our primary focus. We are agile and nimble; we solve problems. Embracing a challenge is part of everyday life at Weybourne, and we are always up for a challenge! Innovation, courage of convictions and the drive to push new ideas through are qualities essential across all our team.
Where we are:
We are based in Malmesbury and our site includes a sports centre and gym, coffee bars, cafés, and free parking. Staff perks include generous staff discounts on a range of household appliances.
About the role
- Ongoing communication with internal customers to fully understand requirements, scope and benefits and to keep them informed.
- Production of detailed functional documentation for software development and testing teams.
- Design of technical solution, considering opportunities and potential risks and identifying the processes and technology required.
- Project evaluation for stakeholders including costs and risk/benefit analysis and an assessment of the impact of change.
- Project management and delivery of projects and business change, supporting and co-ordinating project resources in making the recommended changes, including helping to resolve any issues.
- Provide regular reporting to management committees and groups.
- Investigation of common sources of issues and recommendations for improvement.
- Lead investigations into business processes, functions, information flows and data structures. Define improvements whilst evaluating potential solutions based on the impact across the organisation.
- Provide solutions to real business problems through influence, facilitation and communication.
- Provide an interface between the customer and company technology, helping to articulate business problems in formal business and functional requirements.
- Deliver at pace using various methodologies and principles.
- Help to quality assure and test solutions and products.
- Developing and maintaining positive working relationships across the company and other family office entities.
- Commitment to developing yourself within your role – undergoing training where necessary.
- Proactively promoting and maintaining high standards work – taking initiative to resolve and/or draw attention to areas that don’t meet required standards or any issues that arise.
- Conducting yourself in line with the Weybourne Values.
- Any other ad hoc duties.
- Prince2 Foundation
- Prince2 Practitioner Preferred
- BCS Business Analysis Practice or equivalent
- Extensive experience across IT business analysis and project management
- Experience using both Agile and Waterfall approaches to projects
- Confident communication skills, with the ability to interact with individuals from a range of backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical parties
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Demonstrable working knowledge of IT Systems and Technology
- Ability to facilitate and enable collaborative change discussions
- An ability to translate complexity into simplicity
- Ability to work autonomously when required, whilst still possessing strong team work skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects across different business units and functions
- Strong sense of discretion, appreciating the confidentiality of the work.
- Keen to suggest improvements to current ways of working.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Private dental insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme – EAP
- Eyecare scheme
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Lift share scheme
- Subsidised café and restaurants
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.