- Project and Programme Management
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
Our IT team provides modern solutions that help to remove complexity and drive efficiency as our business changes and grows. The way we function is constantly evolving and becoming more digital, with an ever-increasing number of new platforms and tools available.
About the role
Our Corporate Functions IT team deliver world-class IT business partnering, product management and delivery services to Dyson’s Corporate Functions. Their aim is to drive continual improvement into the Corporate Functions space in line with Dyson’s growth, and work with Senior Leaders in the functions to align a multi-year IT roadmap to support and realise the specific functions’ strategies and objectives.
Reporting to an IT Programme Manager, you will be responsible for end-to-end IT project management of small to medium-sized projects within our global Human Resources function. This will include enhancements and improvements to our current HRIS/LMS – Workday and Cornerstone. You’ll ensure the highest standards of project management methodology including regular and effective communication with key stakeholders in HR, reporting, governance, change management and thorough risk management.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Representing standards and specifications in HR IT projects delivered by Corporate Functions, other areas of IT or the business, whilst recognising regional requirements.
- Contributing to transforming Dyson IT Corporate Functions into a strategic function by ensuring projects are structured, well planned and executed to plan, budget and agreed scope.
- Creating exceptional quality project setup documents detailing scope, assumptions, success criteria, risks, governance structure.
- Enabling the growth and success of Dyson by working with team managers to produce checkpoint reports and project highlight reports.
- Supporting/creating project business cases and project budget requests through the project approval process.
- Tracking and measuring business case realisation in close partnership with stakeholders, throughout the project delivery.
- Effectively managing key project risks and issues.
- Mentoring junior members of the team and deputising for Programme Managers.
You’ll have demonstrated experience of IT project management, ideally gained in consultancy or client side, within a HR function in medium to large, complex organisations.
Other key requirements include:
- Previous experience in related project delivery e.g., end user computing, M365 etc.
- Experience of delivering multiple, smaller IT projects (up to £1M) and globally scaled projects in HR, a similar sized organisation.
- Knowledge of HR systems such as Workday, and SAP experience.
- Experience in multiple project management methodologies (both Waterfall and Agile).
- Excellent knowledge of all stages of the project and programme lifecycle - development of business cases, mobilisation of programmes, development, delivery, release and project closure.
- Proven ability to manage project budgets effectively and experience of financial reporting.
- Strong leadership abilities including structured and strategic thinking and critical analysis.
- Outstanding communication skills, with a range of audiences including C-suite.
- Credible change agent who champions change and inspires trust and change adoption.
- Keen problem solver with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with drive and determination to deliver to a high standard at pace.
- Able to thrive with high levels of ambiguity and at a very fast pace.
- Project management qualifications (APM, Prince2 or PMI) are preferred
In this role you will be based on-site at our state-of-the-art technology campus in Malmesbury, Wiltshire, or our office in Bristol City Centre.
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance and income protection
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham and Swindon
- 27 days’ holiday (plus public holidays)
- Ability to purchase additional holidays
- Free parking on-site (excluding Bristol)
- On-site hair salon, sports centre and gym – all free
- Free lunch and free, (unlimited) hot drinks and fruit
- Free on-site Lifestyle Assist service (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
Health & Wellbeing
- Private medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Assessments
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free GP service (both on-site and digital)
- Free gym, fitness classes and wellbeing centre on-site
- Fertility treatment and menopause support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.