- Project and Programme Management
- China - Shanghai Office
The Dyson Project Manager is a talented delivery expert that is known for strong leadership, problem solving and complex project delivery. They manage small and medium sized tactical or strategic projects and uphold the highest standards of project management methodology including regular and effective communication with key stakeholders, governance, change management and thorough risk management. They are accountable for leading and managing all aspects of the project (both business and technical) required to deliver the business outcome. Dyson is looking for both Agile (DSDM or similar) and Waterfall (PRINCE2) Project Managers; the ideal candidate with have the agility to practice both depending on the project.
About the role
Key accountabilities are:
*Project management and delivery
*Work closely with project stakeholders to manage concerns, problems, changes and escalations
* Ensures their projects are structured, well planned and executed.
* Creates exceptional quality project setup documents detailing scope, assumptions, success criteria, risks, governance structure (as it relates to wider IT Roadmap governance)
* Uphold the IT project management methodology and look for improvements to discuss with the Programme Manager.
* Work with Programme Manager to manage the key interdependencies within the IT roadmap, BAU releases and those external to IT.
* Manage changes in project scope, costs, resources and timing within the framework of agreed governance and change control processes.
* Diligent risk management with close management of effective mitigations, escalating risks and issues in project governance where necessary.
* Provide pragmatic solutions to ensure time and quality is met without compromising brand and creative.
* Build strong business relationships with the leadership team and team members, together with effective stakeholder engagement and comms.
* Contribute to pilot, cutover, go live and warranty period to ensure successful delivery
* Contribute to service introduction, helping shape the service need to support the project solution post go live
* Work with Programme Manager to negotiate robust and cost effective contracts with SI and digital agencies.
* Manage supplier relationships to ensure ongoing cost effective and high quality delivery during project execution.
* Manage stage gates with a focus on continued business justification
* Create quality business cases for projects in close partnership with Business Stakeholders.
* Create detailed and accurate budgets for review and approval by the Programme Manager.
* Manage the approval of Capex budget for projects and report monthly LE to Programme Manager.
* Track and measure business case realisation in close partnership with Business Stakeholders.
* Regular reporting on the status of work, providing input to Programme, Stakeholder and Governance forums as appropriate
* Capacity planning and resource allocation
* Advising of areas for improvement in processes
* Take personal accountability for quality and accuracy of project management performance and deliverables. Do not accept ‘average’ or ‘Ok’, only excellence is acceptable.
* Working closely with the wider Programme team based in the UK to ensure that dependencies are identified early and deliverables produced and available in-line with the Programme schedule.
* Supporting continuous learning and improvement activities to identify areas of workflow or process that should be refined.
Key skills required:
* Good knowledge of programme and project management methods including either DSDM / Agile PM / PMP / PRINCE2.
* Good working knowledge of Confluence / Jira.
* Practical execution of change management.
* Robust risk management.
Key experience required:
* Experience of CRM/Digital systems
* At least 3 years’ experience of IT project management, ideally gained in strategic complex projects for large organisations.
* A proven record in delivery.
* In depth knowledge and experience of all stages of the project and programme lifecycle, including development of business cases, mobilisation of programmes.
* Knowledge of multiple project management methodologies.
* Experience of successfully leading multi-disciplinary project teams across multiple organisations and locations.
* Business change management / communication planning.
* Budget management and financial reporting.
* Business case development and benefit realisation.
* Ability to lead an engagement with a client.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
* Strong stakeholder management skills.
* Good business sense, with business and/or functional knowledge.
* Be able to think holistically and analytically and know when to take which approach.
* Be capable of visualising a problem context/situation, develop a number of resolution options and think them through from concept to implementation.
* Have a clearly methodical approach.
* Experience of working for a consultancy or other professional services organisation.
* Experience working with 3rd party and/or offshore teams
* Working knowledge of SAP (CRM, ECC, FI, SD, MM)
* Working in cross-functional teams
* Working in multi-national / multi-lingual teams
* Understanding of the impact of major change
Excellent communication skills and customer facing skills, ability to communicate complex ideas simply at all levels of the organisation but particularly the Executive and non-Executive board.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.