- Project and Programme Management
- India - Bangalore Sales Office
Global IT – Commercial & Connectivity
Full Time/Part Time:
Programme Manager or Senior Project Manager
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Dyson IT has end to end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business systems enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process in 82 markets. The team is arranged into investment areas including Commercial & Connectivity, Retail, Supply Chain & Manufacturing, Product Development, Corporate – and many others.
Reporting to the Programme Manager or Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering medium complexity projects up to £1m in value at pace, providing sound decision making and calm leadership under pressure.
- Building high performing project teams using matrix management to ensure that the team is effective in achieving project goals and securing business buy-in through effective stakeholder engagement and communications.
- Accelerating the wider Dyson business by upholding the highest standards of project management. As an active and engaged member of the PPM community of practice you will be expected to identify and realise opportunities for continuous improvement in our ways of working.
- Ensuring excellent financial stewardship by delivering predictable and reliable cost estimating, management and forecasting.
- Embedding quality across all aspects of the project to deliver successfully with no major issues at go live; this includes effective management of change, risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies.
- Delivering positive feedback from key Dyson stakeholders by ensuring that projects are appropriately structured, well planned and executed.
- Seeking out opportunities for innovation by identifying and leveraging delivery accelerators that improve the speed of delivery and/or the cost to serve.
- Developing your career at Dyson by creating and owning your professional and personal development plan, using the talent development framework to baseline your capabilities and identify stretch targets to build your career.
Person specification / Core Competencies:
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills including the ability to convey complex messages effectively to a diverse range of audiences and deliver difficult messages whist maintaining buy-in
- Strong leadership abilities
- Powerful change agent who champions change and inspires trust and change adoption
- Solid matrix management skills with the proven ability to deliver through others
- Keen problem solver with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to operate and thrive with high levels of ambiguity and the resilience to “bounce-back”
- Self-motivated with drive and determination to deliver to a high standard at pace in a complex environment.
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- At least 3-5 years of IT project management experience, ideally gained in consultancy or client side in large and complex organisations.(Mandatory -Ecommerce domain & Agile)
- A proven record of successful delivery.
- Extensive stakeholder engagement and management skills.
- Good knowledge and experience of all stages of the project and programme lifecycle, including development of business cases, mobilisation of projects.
- Knowledge of multiple project management methodologies. (Agile, Waterfall & Hybrid) backed up with experience of applying at least one of them successfully in practice
- Experience of delivering medium complexity projects with budgets up to £1m
- Experience of successfully leading multi-disciplinary project teams across a range of locations and including at least one 3rd party organisation
- Proven ability to manage project budgets effectively and experience of financial reporting
Desirable Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of working for a consultancy or other professional services organisation.
- Experience working with multiple 3rd parties and offshore teams.
- Business case development and benefit realisation.
- Experience of value tender / vendor selections.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.