- Information Technology
- United States - Chicago Office
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers. Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
The Digital Workplace Services Team in which this role is aligned exist to:
- Deliver world class Service Desk, End User Computing, Collaboration, Legal and HR IT Services to Dyson’s global employees (circa 15,500 users)
- Ensure ITIL aligned governance and standards are followed
- Drive continual improvement into the Digital Workplace services space in line with Dyson’s growth
- Deliver a roadmap for all Digital Work place services to drive transformation required to support Dyson’s blueprint
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the business, ensuring regular communication of service requirements, service improvements, risks, service changes, service outages and service issues.
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of DWS IT Services, you will be responsible for provisioning world class global IT Service Delivery for all Digital Workplace IT services in all locations.
- Responsible for providing end to end IT service ownership across all Digital Workplace Services through demand, design, delivery, operations, CSI and service retirement/replacement.
- You will comply with Service Management standards, processes and SLA’s.
- Ensure the successful service design, transition, operation and improvement to existing, new and amended IT Digital Workplace services.
- Work alongside the wider global DWS Team as well as your regional team to ensure that IT DWS Services are delivered effectively and efficiently in your region (as part of a wider global model).
- You are required to contribute to the creation of a successful Service Delivery strategy/roadmap for your underlying services, and execute that by leading and influencing in a highly matrixed and leveraged global environment.
- Working with the Head of Workplace Services and Senior business stakeholders to develop and deliver short, medium and long term plans for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of end to end service delivery management across all Digital Workplace Services that will generate a significant, positive impact on profitability and strategic direction, through improved stability, capacity management, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Working with the Head of DWS IT Services to define, implement and communicate a global service delivery management strategy for Digital Workplace Services and ensure that it remains current and fit for purpose for your region. Where global standards are set and maintained with only regional variations permitted for legislative and compliance reasons.
- (Where applicable) Manage a regional team to effectively deliver Digital Workplace Services. This is to include effective career management, providing equitable opportunities, driving succession planning and talent management processes to ensure continuous development of people capability & delivery of results.
- Partner with the business to manage and plan their demand of IT delivery alongside the required budgets
- Manage DWS budget (operational and project) for regional specific initiatives and support in the delivery and management of the global DWS budget.
- Ensure strong third party management for those delivering and supplying DWS services and compliance to delivery and operational standards e.g. incident management process, SLA compliance etc.
- Report on defined service delivery KPI’s and SLA’s and continually drive for improvements
- Own and manage regular service reviews with your regional and market business stakeholders and IT suppliers in regions. Produce regular reporting on all elements of DWS regional services (demand, delivery, operations and CSI)
- Ensure that for any exiting, new or amended IT services being introduced that a service design is created and approved and that the service is transitioned effectively and smoothly into service operations that is fit for purpose for your region.
- Stay abreast of trends in Service Management and Digital Workplace Services including management, technologies, sourcing, policies, procedures and other external changes that could have an impact on IT services.
- Ensure that the DWS team and third parties are working within the bounds of Dysons policies and any global, regional or country level legislative compliance e.g. GDPR, PCI, Cyber Security Standards etc.
- Effectively manage regional operational risks and issues for Digital Workplace Services.
- Provide on call support for weekend and national holidays in order to provide 24/7/365 DWS service owner support for major incidents/escalations
- Provide major incident support for DWS Services in a follow the sun approach
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Service Operations or Service Delivery Management role
- A Bachelor’s or advanced degree preferred or equivalent experience
- ITIL trained
- Strong interpersonal communication skills being able to interact with key business stakeholders up to executive level
- Substantial IT third party management skills for different sizes and complexities
- Strong leadership qualities and be-able to manage teams across the globe in a matrix managed environment
- Professional who can provide examples of transforming service delivery within a global company
- Natural problem solver
- Ability to set strategic direction for Digital Workplace services
- Experience with Vendor and Contract Management
- Strong management and leadership skills
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- Dyson Matching RSP contributions
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Competitive Paid Time Off including Floater Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Generous Maternity Leave Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Options
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at email@example.com for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-DYSON
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.