- James Dyson Foundation
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We’re looking for a James Dyson Foundation Executive who is motivated to work to inspire the next generation of engineers and is ready to equip themselves with the skills to run exciting projects in the Foundation, collaborating with international teams.
The James Dyson Foundation sits within the Weybourne Family Office at the Dyson UK Headquarters in Malmesbury, UK. The Foundation also has representatives working in the US and Singapore.
About the roleThe James Dyson Foundation Executive will focus on the following areas:
• Develop the skills to run our international design competition, the JDA, across the 28 participating countries and regions.
• Manage and transform the JDF and JDA social media and digital channels.
• Create engaging internal communications to inform Dyson and Weybourne people about the JDA.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES
James Dyson Award
• Develop the skills to project manage the JDA, collaborating with 28 Dyson markets across the world.
• Lead on global university outreach strategy and UK university outreach activities.
• Create promotional assets for the competition.
• Coordinate the JDA Ambassadors scheme for Dyson people, creating new and exciting opportunities for ambassador engagement.
• Manage the Award website by updating copy, moderating entries, answering website messages, pulling reports and writing news articles.
• Manage prize money payments and coordinate market reimbursements.
• Track and collect all data on the JDA throughout the competition.
Social media and digital
• Own and manage the JDF and JDA social media channels across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok and Pinterest.
• Build social campaigns and produce social content.
• Run paid digital campaigns to promote the JDA.
• Constantly evolve our channels and improve our working processes.
• Manage the JDA and JDF websites.
• Create engaging internal communications about the JDA for Dyson and Weybourne people throughout the year, working closely with Dyson’s internal communications team.
• Write articles for the Weybourne Family Office intranet with updates on JDF and JDA news.
• Compile and write the JDF monthly newsletter.
Knowledge and interest in education
• Develop an expansive knowledge of STEM (science, technology, engineering and maths) education in the UK.
• Develop a network of contacts in engineering education.
• Report into the James Dyson Foundation Project Manager.
About youExperience and Education
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Experience in an education role (e.g. teaching, school planning or administration, education non-profit organisation) preferred but not essential
Skills and Competencies
• Strong verbal and communication skills
• Strong organisational and planning skills
• Computer Literacy – Outlook, Excel and Word. Photoshop preferred but not essential
• Strong time management skills needed to balance multiple projects and administrative duties
• Strong interest and experience in social media and content creation
• A passion for education, engineering and design
• A passion for the James Dyson Foundation’s mission and a drive to communicate that mission
• An understanding of the education system in UK
• Creative, in ideas and writing
• Proactive – always looking for ways to improve
• Ability to work autonomously and as a team player
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced, growing organisation
Please include a covering letter with your application to tell us more about yourself and what you can bring to the role.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Private dental insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme – EAP
- Eyecare scheme
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Lift share scheme
- Subsidised café and restaurants
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.