- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Our technology is unique and complex, so it’s up to us to explain it clearly. Working in-house, directly with engineers and the broader business, we create inspirational communications that showcase our technology. Our commercial strategies should launch our pioneering technologies and explain why they are better as simply and clearly as possible. We create customer and owner experiences that are authentic and uniquely Dyson.
Our Experience Design and Research team are responsible for designing and delivering the strategic and tactical cross-category and multichannel Dyson experiences. Setting the vision and creating the journeys that bring our technology and products to life at every touch-point. Led by research and insights, our focus is on joining the dots across the multiple channels to enhance the shopper and owner journeys that drive acquisition and retention, using our expertise to continually drive innovation and design the seamless digital experiences that set us apart from the competition.
We have ambitious plans to continue growing our Direct global business; the last year has propelled digital to the centre of every customer experience, opening more opportunities and a host of new avenues and technologies to explore.
- We do not offer hybrid/remote working for this position
- We’d like to see evidence of your work with an application (e.g., a portfolio or website)
About the role
As a Junior Digital Artworker, you'll be responsible for supporting the delivery of design for multiple campaigns, enhancements, and experience projects across the full spectrum of digital channels, working closely with the senior team to understand the direction and insights and enhance our shopper and owner journeys. You'll have a sharp eye for detail and an aptitude for creating pixel perfect, user-friendly designs that build on our Dyson values, applying current user experience (UX) principles and ensuring execution meets expectation.
You’ll be tasked with understanding and embedding best practice principles in all design and research projects, ensuring our outputs meet the expected standard, and you’ll support the continuous optimisation for enhancements to journeys, building understanding from data and insights on market nuances.
You’ll work collaboratively with other areas of the business to deliver seamless, integrated experiences and present designs to key stakeholders, being accountable for the quality and standard of all output.
- A qualification in Design or UX, and/or 1+ years of relevant experience
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your eye for detail and digital skills
- Experience with using Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision, and Axure
- Experience creating wireframes, designs and prototypes
- Understanding of responsive design for multiple platforms
- An enthusiastic and creative thinker, a keen learner, confident presenting, willing to engage in team initiatives to actively develop the team culture
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham and Swindon)
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair-salon, lifestyle assist (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.