- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. Better experiences.
We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore. Engineering exciting new technologies which defy convention and pioneer radical re-inventions that work.
Right now, we have ambitious plans to continue growing our Direct global business. The last year has propelled digital to the centre of every customer experience, opening more opportunities and a host of new avenues and technologies to explore.
As part of Global Commercial, the Experience Design and Research team is responsible for designing and delivering the strategic and tactical cross-category and multichannel Dyson experiences. Setting the vision and creating the journeys that bring our technology and products to life at every touchpoint. Ensuring the same attention to detail to each interaction as we do to the engineering of our machines. Led by research and insights, our focus is on joining the dots across the multiple channels to enhance the shopper and owner journeys that drive acquisition and retention, supporting the overall strategic direction of the business. Using our expertise to continually drive innovation and design the seamless digital experiences that set us apart from the competition.
About the role
You’ll be joining a team of smart, expressive people and given the encouragement, trust, and freedom to do the job we love. It’s a fast-paced way of working that will inspire you do the best and most fulfilling work of your career. You’ll get to tackle far-reaching problems with satisfying outcomes and quick turnarounds. Constantly challenging your own thinking to get to the best solution, using insight to drive a better experience.
You'll be responsible for supporting the delivery of design for multiple campaigns, enhancements and experience projects across the full spectrum of digital channels. Working closely with the senior team to understand the direction and insights and enhance our shopper and owner journeys. You'll have a sharp eye for detail and an aptitude for creating pixel perfect, user-friendly designs that build on our Dyson values, applying current UX principles and ensuring execution meets expectation.
- An enthusiastic creative thinker, support the delivery of UX and UI designs across the full spectrum of Dyson’s digital channels.
- Understand and embed best practice principles in all design and/or research projects. Ensure that outputs meet the expected standard.
- Support the continuous optimisation for enhancements to journeys. Building understanding from data and insights on market nuances.
- A keen learner, continuously seeking to develop skills and broaden knowledge of new technologies and trends in the digital world.
- Comfortable working collaboratively with other areas of the business to deliver seamless, integrated experiences.
- Confident with presenting designs and accountable for the quality and standard of all output.
- Engage with team initiatives, actively developing the team culture.
- Qualification in Design or UX and/or 1+ years of relevant experience
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your eye for detail and digital skills
- Experience with using Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision and Axure
- Experience creating wireframes, designs and prototypes
- Understanding of responsive design for multiple platforms
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience creating journey maps
- Working in an agile/scrum development process
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Free lunches
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.