- Science and Research
- Malaysia - Advanced Manufacturing
Research, Design and Development (RDD) is Dyson's engine room. It’s where our engineers challenge convention, build, test, fail, refine, and then fail again - all to invent technology that solves problems that others ignore. You will be part of a global team that delivers groundbreaking projects that create trail blazing Dyson technologies to the world.
Based in our new RDD Centre at Senai, our engineers will play a key role in bringing proprietary Dyson technology to the market. As part of a global project team, working with specialists in Materials, Process, Chemical, Thermals, Fluid Dynamics and Structural Analysis. This team will design and develop new technology – exploring the limits of the technology and optimising our solutions and all of this will be done within a Dyson owned Development Centre that is integrated within an Advanced Manufacturing Centre
About the role
As a Junior Engineer, you’ll be expected to hit the ground running on one of Dyson’s many live projects, applying your knowledge and skills from the get-go. Working as part of a larger project team in Technology Development, you’ll have your own set of project deliverables and the chance to take ownership of how these are achieved. Some of your tasks could include:
- Responsible for supporting senior engineers in owning, capturing, and documenting the requirements for technology (Bill of Spec, design and technical documents, CAD, drawings, requirements etc)
- Responsible for generating, exploring, evaluating, and recommending solutions using analytical, numerical, and experimental methods within a small area of a project.
- Support the writing and execution of test methods to verify technical solutions.
- Support prototyping activities to produce prototypes of Dyson technology.
- Support senior engineers in the exploration & evaluation of engineering solutions and make recommendations for selection.
- Work with internal and external experts in developing relevant systems for technology development.
- Minimally a Diploma in Chemical, Materials or Mechanical Engineering.
- Passionate about solving challenging engineering problems.
- A team player that can work well in a matrix structure.
- Able to communicate and collaborate effectively.
- Has a growth mindset.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to view and solve technical challenges in a systematic and structured manner.
- Confident and competent in hands-on lab work, executing investigative tests and experiments with sufficient guidance.
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.