- United Kingdom - Bristol Office
You will be joining a team of smart, expressive people and given the encouragement, trust, and freedom to do the job we love. It is a fast-paced way of working that will inspire you do the best and most fulfilling work of your career. You will get to tackle far-reaching problems with satisfying outcomes and quick turnarounds. Constantly challenging your own thinking to get to the best solution, using insight to drive a better experience.
At Dyson we have a strong culture of career development. Many of our senior designers and leadership team were once Junior UX designers. We would work closely with you on the skills you would like to develop mostly through internal coaching as well as conferences and talks.
You will be responsible for supporting the delivery of UX research and creative designs for enhancement projects across the full spectrum of digital channels. Working closely with our Creative and UX research team to understand the direction, deliver UX research insights and enhance our shopper and owner journeys. You will have a sharp eye for detail and an aptitude for creating user-friendly designs that build on our Dyson values, applying current UX principles and ensuring execution meets expectation.
About the Role
- Support the continuous optimization for enhancements to journeys. Building understanding from data and insights on market nuances.
- Understand and embed best practice principles in all design and/or research projects. Ensure that outputs meet the expected standard.
- An enthusiastic creative thinker, support the delivery of UX and UI designs across the full spectrum of Dyson’s digital channels.
- A keen learner, continuously seeking to develop skills and broaden knowledge of recent technologies and trends in the digital world.
- Comfortable working collaboratively with other areas of the business to deliver seamless, integrated experiences.
- Working with developers to communicate design thinking and VQA (Visual Quality Assurance)
- Engage with team initiatives, actively developing the team culture.
- Produce and deliver solutions at MVP (Minimum Viable Product) and Gold Standard
- Qualification in Design or UX research and/or 2+ years of relevant experience
- Has a portfolio that demonstrates eye for detail and digital skills
- Knowledge of industry tools: e.g., Sketch, InVision, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Axure
- Experience creating wireframes, designs, and prototypes
- Understanding of mobile first and responsive web design
- Willingness to learn
- Able to take onboard critical feedback
- Has an instinct to listen to customer requirements
- Comfortable presenting to fellow designers and stakeholders
- Has an eye for aesthetics and details / pixel perfect
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Electric vehicle leasing scheme
- Free hair salon on site
- Well-being programme
- Free concierge service
- Pension scheme
- Free gym membership
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical and dental insurance
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised restaurants and free lunches every day
- Great discounts on Dyson products
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.