- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Our technology is unique and complex, so it’s up to us to explain it clearly. Working in-house, directly with engineers and the broader business, we create inspirational communications that showcase our technology. Our commercial strategies should launch our pioneering technologies and explain why they are better as simply and clearly as possible. We create customer and owner experiences that are authentic and uniquely Dyson.
Our Commercial Digital Experience team is responsible for designing the journeys that bring our technology and products to life, creating the best possible experiences for our customers. We deliver the same attention to detail to each interaction as we do in the engineering of our machines. Our focus is on joining the dots across multiple channels, using our expertise, driving innovation, all to design the seamless digital experiences that set us apart from the competition.
About the role
As a Junior UX Researcher within the team, you will report into our UX Research Lead and be joining a team of smart, expressive people given the encouragement, trust, and freedom to do the job we love. Obsessed with detail, grounded in design that truly works and passionate about pushing boundaries in an ever-accelerating landscape; where digital and our owners are at the heart of everything we do. It’s a fast-paced way of working that will inspire you do the best and most fulfilling work of your career.
Working alongside the Design and Delivery teams you’ll support the development of our UX Research function. As someone looking to make their first step into the Commercial world of UX this is the perfect opportunity for you to develop your knowledge of the latest research methodologies and practices. Supporting the team in putting these into practice to test and refine the journeys and experiences of our multichannel experiences and enhancements.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the delivery of UX research, including creating journey maps, user flows and analysis
- Aiding the set-up of in-depth interviews and playing a key role in observation and reporting on the key findings
- Distilling key insights with good analysis skills and understanding of data
- Supporting the collation of research findings and delivering documentation for key reviews.
- Building a good understanding of user-centred design, following best practice guidelines and championing the role that insights and testing in digital design plays
- Putting the owner at the centre of all decisions, using your knowledge of human behaviour to help develop an understanding of our audiences
- Understanding the product proposition and the problem to solve
- At least a year’s experience in a UX Research specialist role, using qualitative and quantitative research methods and applications
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent hands-on research) in psychology / human behaviours
- Good knowledge of user centred design, UI, and interaction design
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills, with a collaborative approach
- Self-motivated, able to work well as part of an agile team, versatile and adaptable
- Financial – performance related bonus scheme, competitive pension scheme, life assurance, discounts on Dyson machines, free bus travel to/from campus
- Lifestyle – 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, free on-site lunches, barista coffee, sports centre, gym, hair-salon and lifestyle assist (concierge), electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Health – private medical insurance and dental insurance, employee assistance programme, on-site GP and physio, prescription service, fertility treatment support
We do not offer hybrid/remote working with this role
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.