- Turkey - Istanbul Office
Dyson is a technology and engineering pioneer and currently operates in the categories of Floor Care, Personal Care, Environmental Control (“Air Multiplier” bladeless fans/heaters/humidifiers/purifiers), Lighting, and Professional (“Airblade” hand dryers). Dyson began 23 years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better.
Dyson invented world’s first bag-less vacuum with Root Cyclone™ technology, and also the bladeless fans with Air Amplifier™ technology. Currently Dyson holds 4,550 patents and patents holding, and have a team of over 2,000 engineers and scientists. Dyson also holds a Queen’s Award for Innovation.
Dyson vacuum cleaners are now available in 70 countries worldwide, and on average one machine is sold every 5 seconds. 90% of our machines are sold overseas; this was 30% just 10 years ago. Dyson was recently awarded the Queen’s Award for International Trade, which reflects the company’s growth over the last few years. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer by value in the UK, US, Western Europe, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, and Australia.
“That’s really what Dyson is all about – new thinking to solve everyday problems.” - James Dyson
About the role
Deliver volume sales targets
• Develop an annual account plan that sets out the key strategic aims for Dyson and the retailer
• Agree, update, communicate and administer all areas of the promotional planning cycle
• Manage an A&P budget in line with forecasts and promotional activity
• Deliver an accurate 12 months rolling forecast that accounts for; sales trends, promotions, seasonality, distribution changes, and product exits.
• Understand retailer profitability through the regular use of a margin tracker
Achieve the highest standards of execution for the Dyson brand on the Internet and in stores
• Maximize shopper and consumer understanding through category management
• Communicate activity to the field regularly through ‘Sales Force Effectiveness’
• Improve compliance and in store standards
• Provide the field with the necessary tools to guarantee high levels of execution
• Responsibility for conversion on the customer website
Deliver compelling, well thought, through and inspiring presentations to the retailer
• Construct ‘Winning Customer proposals’ as part of the Customer Business Meeting Sequence
• Hold regular face to face meetings with retailer buying Team
• Organise and deliver Quarterly Business Reviews between Head of Sales at Dyson and retailer
• Work with internal departments such as Marketing, Finance and Supply Chain to drive through agreed customer initiatives.
Manage all areas of the Retailer-Dyson partnership
• Effectively manage a network of contacts within Dyson and the retailer across different functions
• Ensure Supply chain KPI’s and efficiencies are set and delivered against
Manage Annual Term Negotiations
• Align the organisation to the account and negotiation objectives
• Communicate and deliver against an agreed timetable
Minimum 5 years of Key Account experience
Previous experience of managing Key Accounts
Strong commercial acumen with a close attention to detail
Strong analytical skills to guide business strategy decisions
Self-motivated and able to work independently
Capability to be a hands-on type individual and demonstrating initiative
Ability to be strategic, performance and results driven
Building strong internal and external relationships with business stakeholders
Proven organizational and negotiation skills
Performance related bonus
Private medical insurance
Discounts on Dyson machines
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.