- Belgium - Antwerp Office
About the role:
As the Key Account Manager, you will lead the day to day business on 2/3 high profile accounts ensuring there is outstanding execution and sales growth with the support of a Key Account Executive next to you and an indirect team of Area Manager. Commercially focused, you will use your negotiation and influencing skills to develop a strategic annual account plan that sets out the key objectives for DYSON and the retailer with ongoing planning of up to three years.
As our product portfolio expands, our retail landscape must transform in order to deliver the vision of our DYSON’s ambitions growth targets. You will set the strategic vision and outline clear objectives that will deliver high value growth and strong return on investment for DYSON Sales.
Deliver a vision and strategy to drive transformational growth on your retailer account
• Anticipate on changes in the retail landscape, shopper behavior or competitors and develop a 360-degree business plan to ensure future profitable growth
• Collaborate closely with other functions such as commercial, finance, operations and group functions to align your retailer plan with other departments
Deliver sales and profitability targets
• Deliver sales and gross margin targets in line with budget
• Agree, update, communicate and administer all areas of the promotional planning cycle
• Deliver an accurate twelve-month rolling forecast that accounts for sales trends, promotions, seasonality, distribution changes, NPD and product exits
• Manage a promotional budget in line with forecasts and retail activity plan
• Understand retailer profitability through the regular use of a retained margin tracker
• Align the organization to your account and negotiation objectives, with an agreed timeline of deliverables
Achieve the highest standards of execution for the DYSON brand online and in stores in line with Selective Distribution agreement
• Maximize shopper and consumer understanding through effective category management
• Communicate retail activity plan to the field team and provide the field with the necessary tools to guarantee high levels of execution
• Use data regularly from Salesforce to improve compliance and in store standards
• Ensure that NPD roll out across the retailer is of a high standard
• Work closely with retail activation team to identify best locations for DYSON fixtures and to ensure ROI
• Responsibility to drive the ecommerce equation (traffic, conversion, AOV, sales) on the retailer website
Deliver compelling, well thought through and inspiring presentations to the retailer
• Construct ‘Winning Customer proposals’ as part of the Customer Business Meeting Sequence
• Hold regular face to face meetings with retailer commercial teams
• Organise and deliver Quarterly Business Reviews between senior personnel at DYSON and retailer
• Work with internal departments to drive through agreed customer initiatives.
• Align the organisation to your account and negotiation objectives, with an agreed timeline of deliverables
Influence internal and external stakeholders with impact to deliver results
• Establish and maintain effective ways of working with Field Sales, Marketing, Operations Team and other key internal stakeholders to deliver joint success in a matrix focused structure.
• Ensure Supply chain KPI’s and efficiencies are set and delivered against.
• Handle objections and hold other key stakeholders to account to meet targets and deliver joint activities whilst maintaining relationships.
• Deliver clear, concise, motivational and influential communication through multiple mediums (spoken, email, 1:1, group, presentation)
• Play a pivotal role in networking and collaborating across the EMEA account management teams, having your voice heard and sharing best practice.
Engage and pro-actively support with other duties as required whilst adopting DYSON behaviors and maintaining the Benelux Sales Identity.
• Proven leadership and stakeholder management skills
• Account Management Experience of 5yrs+
• Worked with and contributed to a high performing sales team
• Has been exposed to senior level account negotiations
• Evidence of Budget control and forecasting across multiple product lines
• Level of financial acumen and commercial awareness
• Computer literate with knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
• Demonstrable analytical skills
• Good influencing and negotiation skills
• Excellent team-worker with drive and enthusiasm
• Proven oral, written, telephone and presentation skills, particularly in the French and Dutch language
• Fluent in English and Dutch
• Competitive Salary Package
• Discount on Dyson products
• Company Pension scheme
• 27 days annual holiday plan
• Company Fitness plan
• EAP (Employee Assistant Programme)
• Life Assurance Plan
• Company car & Fuel card
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.