- Singapore - Singapore, Seoul - South Korea
About the roleThe APAC Centre Of Excellence (CoE) is a Dyson team responsible for maintaining the visual identity and brand reputation of Dyson across the key markets of Japan, Korea, India, Southeast Asia and Australia. We work collaboratively with local Dyson creative teams to deliver seamless consumer experiences that instil an understanding of and confidence in the products performance, distinct commercial benefits to the business and ultimately brand advocacy and loyalty.
As the Creative Lead for Korea in the APAC CoE reporting to the Regional Creative Director, you will oversee all creative and marketing for the Korea market. At the core of the role, you’ll be applying global assets to local channels and ensuring that these assets are applied correctly, consistently and in line with our visual identity guidelines. That means you will understand our brand, our philosophy and ethos inside out and use this understanding to create effective Dyson experiences adapted for the Korean consumer. *Note this role is initially based in Singapore in 2021 but will be relocated to Seoul in 2022.
In this role, you will...
- Work closely with the Korea marketing teams (commercial, comms, digital, sales) to ensure that briefs are strategically right for our reputation and appropriate for our business, balancing short term sales objectives with the longer term identity of Dyson.
- Oversee our regional transcreation partners and third party film/video production agencies to ensure assets are implemented correctly in every channel and platform and produced to Dyson’s high creative standards. Where global assets do not fulfill the challenges of a local market requirement, you will also conceptualize new locally relevant content and then oversee their launch in conjunction with brand, social, digital, PR and retail Dyson teams.
- Interrogate the creative briefs for the products and technologies you’re writing about and collaborate closely with your colleagues in other teams and work across a range of media to create seamless integrated campaigns.
- And while you will be working with production partners and transcreation agencies, you will also need to be hands on; designing, directing, advising, reviewing and artworking alongside checking the accuracy of translation from English masters into Korean copy.
- Be comfortable presenting work to brief owners and senior stakeholders – articulating ideas and confidently defending proposals with reasoned and evidenced arguments.
- Have the ability to work on multiple tasks, remain calm under pressure, solve problems efficiently and meet tight deadlines.
- Finally you’ll love technology and build a thorough understanding of the Dyson story – our heritage, our philosophy, how we talk about ourselves and the engineering of our products
- 7+ years of experience in an art based branding, design or advertising agency (or equivalent client-side role)
- Bi-lingual language skills in English and Korean, both spoken and written
- Knowledge of the Korea market and the unique challenges, behaviors, channels and cultural nuances of Korean consumers
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates visual identity/branding understanding and expertise in designing across multiple online and offline channels
- Experience in leading and mentoring other designers, setting tasks and checking their work at key milestones to ensure they are on-brief and adhere to Dyson guidelines
- Experience in developing localised versions of globally created brand assets – capacity to effectively trans-create whilst maintaining the integrity and intent of the original concept
- Extensive knowledge of creative/design software tools, e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Sketch
- Bachelor’s degree in visual communication, graphic design, advertising or similar field
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.