- Project and Programme Management
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset and different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Launch Project Manager to join Dyson’s New Product Development (NPD) team, working within our fast growing, revolutionary Hair Care Category. Within this role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to be involved in the development & industrialisation phases of Dyson projects, having frequent exposure to stakeholders at varying levels of the business, alongside talented cross-discipline team members and leaders. The Launch Project Manager will be responsible for developing launch strategies for a range of Hair Care products, managing the stakeholder requirements for Product Launch phases and ensuring that that they are robustly executed. Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Development of both high-level & detailed launch planning scenarios, based on production line capacity & Market volume demand, to enable clear decision making on product launch strategy.
- Ownership of Launch Status Report publications and leading the integration of product launch activities to ensure effective launches across all our markets.
- Ensuring the Product launch strategy is frequently maintained to the Market volume demands, with buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Supporting the Hair Care Project Management teams with the development of integrated Project schedules, that deliver to the required launch strategy.
- Actively support the Dyson Supply Chain, Procurement & Manufacturing Operations teams to ensure the Dyson supply base deliver to the launch requirements.
- Maintaining and managing the product launch risks, actions and issues tracking, assignment to the appropriate owners & ensuring visibility of risks are communicated to Hair Care Project Management teams
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience with formal Project management training / qualifications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Project.
- 3+ years working experience, within an engineering / product development environment, with a demonstrable knowledge of the product lifecycle.
- Experienced in managing Projects from their conception to launch, with a broad understanding of Project Management Principles (i.e. risk, resource, budget management, etc.).
- Adaptable and resilient in the face of challenging situations.
- Strong communicator; able to convey complex issues concisely and accurately.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence.
- Driven, passionate and confident in interacting with senior stakeholders.
- Assertive in pressing teams to deliver to their commitments, with a focus on the bigger picture.
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of engineering principles in order to work with design teams.
- Ability to multi-task and in a high paced and ambiguous environment where priorities shifted fast.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain composure in stressful situations, self-motivated thrives in a dynamic environment.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. However, financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.