- Science and Research
- Singapore - Technology Centre
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world-class research, design and development (RDD) department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
About the role
- Provides technical direction to gather required information before arriving at a conclusion/proposal for the project while having sight of cost and time.
- Responsible for REQs, FMEA and FRACAS, to drive vision performance for the project and/or create specifications where required to achieve the products’ vision.
- Actively looks out for technical risks at every iteration and propose potential design solutions to help drive project delivery as quickly as possible.
- Works with technician to plan tests for timely delivery of results to projects.
- Strong understanding in Acoustic & Vibration domains; Signal processing, modal & harmonic analysis and able to use statistical tools to make sense of datasets.
- Able to lead a team of engineers to resolve complex technical challenges efficiently, providing directions with an in-depth knowledge of the discipline.
- Has advanced technical understanding in other disciples (Fluid Dynamics, Turbo-Machinery, ) to resolve cross disciplinary issues.
- Able to pre-empt design risks, working collaboratively with design engineers to arrive at mitigations.
- Actively engage with project team to communicate & manage project risks.
- Expected to coach junior engineers and provide technical guidance.
- Able to have a balanced approach between simulation and experiments, trade-off analysis between inter-dependent systems to provide solutions.
- Able to assess multiple arguments for a complex problem and derive the best solution, whilst managing expectation of stakeholders.
- Actively identifies areas of improvements with proposal(s) on achieving improvements.
- Experience in simulation/CAE would be beneficial.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.