Our global reputation is priceless and it always hangs on what we do next. Dyson is a unique technology enterprise. We pioneer. Our biggest category today didn’t even exist a few years ago. Our next biggest category? That could be where you come in.
The next few years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. All thanks to a £2.5 billion commitment to its future technology pipeline. This growth will need the support of more new people across other functions around the world, including the Philippines. We have c. 6,000 engineers and scientists worldwide and we are now looking to recruit more in the Philippines. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organize itself globally and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect. With APAC now our biggest growth region, we need to question where and how we invest to underpin the future. Our plans for the Philippines are ambitious and we are looking for talented people to join our Engineering families!
About the role
What is the function of the team
* Responsible to carry out the rapid prototyping operations to produce the prototype parts required for technology research and products to meet project time plan.
Where will this role sit within the team structure
* PAM Prototyping Team
* A subject matter expert in one of these main core areas -
* Selective Laser Sintering (SLS),
* Stereolithography (SLA) and
* Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
* Lead roles require all relevant people management activities to be carrying out e.g. Supporting the team to achieve goals and objective that management have set, coaching on performance management, work allocation planning
* Analyse and develop new practices/procedures in executing the role.
* Independent decision-making abilities, demonstrate problem analysis and problem resolution skills to execute their own work to the highest standards and within the agreed lead times.
Primary role duties
* Responsible to support and carry out in-house rapid prototyping activities - Selective Laser Sintering (SLS), Stereo lithography (SLA), Fused Deposition Modelling (FDM) and Objet 3D printing operation to meet project time plan.
* Project management skills, to manage, schedule, and track multiple prototype production and processes simultaneously to meet time plan.
* Discuss with Project Managers or Design Managers about the required prototypes rigs/parts allocation.
* Support strategic direction and specific projects.
Secondary/additional role duties
* Collect, keep track and analyses statistical data in relationship to assign projects to determine required standards and establish proposed quality improvements.
* Control and manage by periodically check stock with BIC / inventory system to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
* Supervise and observes AM & RP operations and verifies conformance of printed work pieces, follow the required specifications by using measuring instruments such as profile projector, calipers, bore gauges, pins, micrometers, smart scope, Renishaw Equator and various measuring devices.
Previous work experience
* Candidate must possess at least diploma or higher diploma in Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering or any related discipline.
* Minimum 4 - 6 years of working experiences in machining centre, manufacturing industry or any other manufacturing environment.
* Working experience in advanced and prototype engineering will be added advantage.
* Good hand and eye coordination required to perform detailed work.
* Knowledge and experience in 3D CADCAM modelling, understanding mechanical drawings and measuring technique of engineering parameters will be an added advantage.
* The ability to work safely around chemicals and equipment.
* Understanding plastic / metal part design and process.
* Able to cope with the physical demands of the job.
* No allergies related to dust, solvents or paints.
* Normal colour vision and good eye coordination to perform details work.
* No chest complaints.
Specific technical qualifications/exposure
* Minimum 4 - 6 years of working experiences in AM&RP (Preferable).
* Higher-level user of AM & RP 3D Printing Systems and Operations, RP CAD software tools (Materialise software preferable), SLICE Programming (where relevant) for AM & RP.
* Higher-level knowledge & experience of AM & RP technical knowledge & troubleshooting techniques for core discipline (where relevant)
* Higher-level knowledge in AM material - mechanical & technical data.
Behaviours necessary for success
* Ability to gather information & problem solve with a systematic, logical approach. Expected to be able to solve problems effectively whilst managing stakeholders’ expectations.
* Ability to provide independent opinions/viewpoints to a problem with sound evidence, whilst developing ability to accept & assess multiple opinions/viewpoints.
* Able to perform work in a productive, proficient manner with a positive attitude.
Dyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses.
Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career.
Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by ambitious growth plans, regular reviews and dynamic workshops.
A vibrant company culture based on being; Different, Authentic and Pioneering.
At Dyson we combine work life balance, with the latest devices, a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit.
It’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
* All benefits are accessible from day 1
* HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
* Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
* Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
* Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
* Career development and growth in a global team
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us