- Competitive + bonus
- Research Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Within Dyson Research we define what’s next. At the very start of the new product ideas chain lays the technologies that enable them. Dyson Research delivers the long-term support to the global company growth through technology innovation in our state-of-the-art Wiltshire campus. Our New Product Innovation team relies on the development of key technologies for new innovative products, after which the New Product Development team carries them through to manufacturing; Dyson Research not only delivers the birth of new technologies but also supports those technologies through to their realisation and integration within a product.
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our engineering approach starts with different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way. Today we employ more than 5,800 people around the world in software engineering, mechanical engineering and science-related roles.
We’re looking for a
Lead Aero-acoustic Research Engineer to join our Environmental Care Research team.
About the roleWhat you'll be doing: • Fundamental research into aero-acoustic concepts related to quieter/more efficient products.
• Implement aero-acoustic simulations in order to steer development with the New Product Innovation design engineers.
• Explore and introduce the latest aero-acoustic simulation techniques to the Dyson product design process.
• Develop and deliver next-gen aero-acoustic technologies in tandem with New Product Innovation design engineers.
• Work autonomously and independently to scope and deliver product focused technology concepts.
• Conduct/support research with external institutes and universities toward future technology/capability development.
• Design, build, and test candidate technologies, and disseminate knowledge to groups varying from graduates to directors.
• Present concepts to James Dyson and the Executives when required.
We're looking for:
• Strong engineering degree in Mechanical/Aero/Acoustic Engineering (other disciplines with relevant experience will be considered).
• Experience with aero-acoustic simulation and analysis and knowledge of aero-acoustic experimental methodologies.
• Working knowledge of LabView, Matlab, and Python (or alternative coding languages) would be an advantage.
• CFD experience is required; prior experience with ANSYS software would be an advantage.
• Working knowledge of explicit dynamics and vibro-acoustic simulation, analysis, and experimental methodologies would be an advantage.
• Working knowledge of turbomachinery aero-acoustics would be an advantage.
• Must be a clear communicator with good presentation skills.
• Behaviours (independent, autonomous, team, fighter, attuned, shrewd, ingenious, architect)
• 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
• Pension scheme
• Performance related bonus
• Private medical insurance
• Life assurance
• Sport centre
• Free on-site parking
• Subsidised café and restaurants
• Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.