- Competitive + bonus
- Research Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We’re looking for a Lead Aerodynamic Research Engineer to join our Environmental Care Research team.
About the roleWhat you'll be doing:
- Fundamental research into aero-acoustic concepts related to quieter/ more efficient products.
- Implement aero-acoustic simulations in order to steer development with the New Product Innovation design engineers.
- Explore and introduce the latest aero-acoustic simulation techniques to the Dyson product design process.
- Develop and deliver next-gen aero-acoustic technologies in tandem with New Product Innovation design engineers.
- Work autonomously and independently to scope and deliver product focused technology concepts.
- Conduct/support research with external institutes and universities toward future technology/capability development.
- Design, build, and test candidate technologies, and disseminate knowledge to groups varying from graduates to directors.
- Present concepts to James Dyson and the Executives when required.
We're looking for:
- Strong engineering degree in Mechanical/Aero/Acoustic Engineering (other disciplines with relevant experience will be considered).
- Experience with aero-acoustic simulation and analysis.
- Knowledge of aero-acoustic experimental methodologies.
- Working knowledge of LabView, Matlab, and Python (or alternative coding languages) would be an advantage.
- CFD and FEA experience is required; prior experience with ANSYS software would be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of turbomachinery aero-acoustics would be an advantage.
- Must be a clear communicator with good presentation skills.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.