- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Our aim, as Dyson IT, is to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
About the role
Strategy, Platforms and Enablement Overview
The Strategy, Platforms and Enablement team have overall responsibility for ensuring full alignment of the IT strategic plans with those of broader Dyson. Driving enabling platforms and services to ensure the broader service and product teams can deliver exceptional results and achieve the unimaginable.
The team leads bringing technology insights and innovation into our strategy and roadmaps, through Centres of Excellence focussed on core enabling platforms and strategic missions focussed on accelerate delivery and delivering efficiency.
As Mission control for Dyson IT, the team will lead on the optimisation of resource across people, finances and architectural principles to ensure the Dyson IT teams are focused on the right things at the right time and in the right way.
About the role
- Creates and provides accurate and timely information across the portfolio to enable effective control and decision making. The information "hub". Provides assurance and governance to enable delivery of the Portfolio benefits to time, cost and quality.
- Working to accelerate and grow the wider Dyson business by ensuring that IT consistently remains focused on delivering the best value from the investments and resources that we have. Supporting the investment governance and controls including appropriate business case appraisals for all investments.
- Working closely with the IT leadership and Dyson Executive team to analyse and prioritise our IT investments aligned to our IT and wider business strategy and plans. Working with the wider portfolio management team to develop Board and Executive level communications, including regular monthly Board reports on IT performance against key performance indicators and in depth portfolio or project specific updates as requested
- Ensuring that Dyson IT's leadership and wider stakeholders have the appropriate visibility of the status of the overall IT portfolio across all pillars.
- Providing appropriate assurance on projects and programmes within the portfolio
- Supporting Dyson IT to lower its cost to serve and be cost effective in every way, working closely with Finance colleagues, to effectively manage global IT spend vs. budget for Dyson IT's operational base as well as its transformational portfolio. Working to ensure the appropriate forecasting and controls are implemented in managing Dyson IT's investments and spend (including operational budgets to support Business as usual)
- You must possess strong interpersonal communication skills being able to interact with key IT stakeholders up to and including Director level.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Powerful change agent.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic personality, combining flexibility and creativity.
- Ability to offer solutions to various I.T. related problems, at times when under pressure.
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven.
- Inquisitive, proactive and innovative.
- Ethical, personal integrity.
- Quick learner.
- Willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on.
- Thrives on change.
- Sensitive to cultural differences across Dyson Worldwide.
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture.
- Ability to deliver under pressure.
- Proven experience of managing a strategic multi-functional portfolio.
- Knowledge of PPM tools / packages e.g. Planview.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent computer literacy and numeracy.
- Strong knowledge of programme and project management methods.
- Sound experience of management reporting including tracking of plans and benefits, risks and issue tracking, and financial accounting.
- Outstanding financial management, budgeting and investment appraisal skills.
- Experience of developing and delivering IT Roadmaps and Programme Plans to meet business needs.
- Experience of operating within a global organisation with a proven ability to deliver against Group wide initiative.
- A strong service and business partnering mind-set.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
# LI Dyson
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.