- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson are a company renowned for our engineering prowess. We have an expanding range of Internet-connected products including our 360 Eye™ robot vacuum cleaner and our range of air purifiers. Our mobile app, Dyson Link, is one of the key components in providing greater intelligence, understanding, and control to our connected devices. We are passionate about building a mobile app that matches the same high standards as the rest of Dyson’s multi-discipline engineering team. We are building a collaborative in-house mobile community based across Singapore and the UK, in which we can share knowledge and continually develop our engineers.
About the role
You are an Android developer with several years of experience and a passion for Computer Science. You are fluent in algorithms and design patterns and are comfortable in both functional programming and object-oriented worlds. You have some experience leading or coaching others in an agile software development team, and you understand how to inspire such a team to enjoy creating high-quality, unit-tested code.
- Designing, architecting and developing features for Dyson Link, ensuring they are robust and scalable and covered by tests
- Leading and line-managing a team of iOS and Android developers
- Work with test engineers in your team to help define and execute on a test strategy that ensures we deliver quality software
- Work with everyone in the wider team: TPOs, Scrum Masters, cloud developers, UX/UI designers and electronic/embedded engineers
- Identify new technologies and tools to help continually improve standards
- Native mobile development in Android (Kotlin & Java) to an expert level
- Strong knowledge of modern Android practices and libraries, including reactive programming (RxJava)
- Some awareness of iOS development and delivery would be a plus
- Proven ability to design and architect mobile apps, ideally with IoT experience
- Understanding of what it takes to lead, inspire and manage developers in a mature Agile environment
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition. #LI-DYSON
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.