- Machine learning
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the roleAccountabilities:
- Act as a subject matter expert in protocol design for data collection during lab-based experiments and trials.
- Evaluate, customise, and benchmark image processing and machine learning methods for the analysis of biomedical imaging data.
- Perform investigatory analysis of large multivariate datasets by applying statistical methods to establish confidence in findings.
- Collaborate with research and design engineers to translate research outcomes into novel technologies with tangible owner benefits for our next generation products.
- Take ownership of technology transfers to downstream engineering teams.
- Ensure the maturity and resolution of your work is appropriate for each approaching milestone in the product development lifecycle.
- Design and develop clean, documented, and easy to maintain code.
- Integrate software builds with the corporate CI environment where appropriate.
- Produce reports and presentations summarising progress against team and project goals.
- Work independently to manage tasks with competing priorities.
- Collaborate with academic and industrial partners to leverage externally available expertise, managing the relationship where appropriate.
- Generate and protect novel intellectual property by filing patent applications.
- Doctoral or MSc/MEng degree with industrial experience, in Biomedical Imaging; Biomedical Physics; or a closely aligned field.
- Strong signal processing and image processing background, ideally with experience in the analysis of biochemical spectra (GC-MS, HPLC, Raman, etc.) and multi-dimensional datasets.
- Expert knowledge of the development and implementation of machine learning algorithms.
- Prior experience applying machine learning and data science techniques in a distributed processing environment against large quantities of data, for example AWS, GCP, Azure, would be desirable.
- Proficiency with deep learning libraries such as Theano, Keras, TensorFlow, Caffe and Torch would be beneficial.
- Strong programming capabilities, able to quickly prototype robust proof-of-concept code in Python or MATLAB.
- Working knowledge of C/C++ desirable.
- Experience in the field of applying computer vision/machine learning in a real-time environment is highly desirable.
- Strong presentation skills, able to effectively and engagingly disseminate complex technical information to project teams and executive level management.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional, multi-discipline, geographically dispersed teams.
- Passionate about continual learning and personal development.
- Keen to share knowledge, new methods and techniques with the rest of the team.
- Training opportunities (In house and External)
- A good work-life balance (we work hard whilst we are here, but we don’t typically work late nights or weekends)
- Interesting and varied work, where you won’t be pigeon-holed
- The opportunity to work on products that you will see in the shops and that you can be proud to have been a part of Working with other highly experienced engineers and continuing to learn something new every day
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Private Medical and Dental
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.