- Malaysia - Development Centre
Dyson product development is dynamic and innovative. Our products are built to last, as well as perform. To achieve this in fast paced consumer markets, we need to focus on both the efficiency and quality of our product development processes. The PD Architecture team work with representatives from global teams across the company to relentlessly improve everything we do. And with so many new categories on the way, our team needs to be more effective than ever. This team plays a vital role in supporting Dyson’s future technology. The team is split into a number of different practices that focus on specific areas based on knowledge and skills, these include, Strategic architecture, Change & Transformation, of core engineering processes and departmental governance.
About the role
The Lead role is responsible for converting strategic vision from leadership into a number of tactical and continuous improvement activities to drive efficiency and effectiveness into our product development processes. The overall aim is to enable Product Development community develop world class products with optimum balance of speed and effort.
The purpose of this role is to combine subject matter, change management and project management expertise to develop discreet packages of improvement activities for Product Development.
As a BoM & Configuration Management Specialist you will help define the ‘end to end’ Bill of Materials (BoM) processes and grow the capabilities of current business processes and IT systems by coordinating a transformation programme to meet our long term business needs and continuous growth. The role reports into the Head of Product Development Architecture Practice that has the responsibility of building future capability as well as governing projects to existing core engineering processes.
The candidate should be vocal and driven to make bold and incremental changes, with responsibility to lead the department through a transformation programme to achieve measurable success at each phase. Great collaboration and influencing skills are imperative to ensure a global approach to transformation across international sites and cross-functional interactions. Having strategic thinking is of critical importance, as is the ability to convert the strategy into a successful transformation programme.
This position will serve to promote best practices of core engineering processes and change management within PLM > MES > ERP systems and their respective functional data flow. This role will be specialising in Configuration Management primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Working with Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing Quality, Program Management, IT and other supporting functions in order to transform the structure of new product and platform data architecture.
Main responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the global process of E-BoM Management by supporting the central process owner role. This roles is will ensure Dyson is world leading at BoM Management.
- Responsible for defining and project managing a capability roadmap for BoM & Configuration Management.
- Contribute to business strategies by providing both strategic and subject matter expert direction that bring together both digital technology and engineering process transformation.
- Monitor and analyse industry technology and market trends to determine their potential impact.
- Responsible for providing awareness to the wider community so BoM leads across all the project teams globally know their latest tools and processes are advancing with appropriate roadmaps and communications.
- Responsible for providing day to day guidance and support to the technical training, engineering, procurement and manufacturing teams both internally and externally to ensure effective working relationships and ultimate product delivery.
- At least 3 years experienced in engineering BoM and Configuration processes within the product development landscape.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to simplify technical complexity.
- We are seeking a great team player who has the passion to drive, deliver and optimise the Bill of Materials systems and processes.
- As a BOM Specialist you will also need to have an enquiring and 'can do' approach with strong attention to detail and the ability to develop positive working relationships at engineer to leadership levels.
- We are looking for an individual who is responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You must be motivated to work in a data driven environment, have a strong desire to drive process improvement, and long for the opportunity to analyze systematic issues and implement solutions to challenging problems.
- Talented engineer with a well-developed knowledge and understanding of product development best practice
- Technical, personal and leadership credibility to work effectively with cross functional RDD teams, other business functions and business leaders
- Demonstrated experience in managing a breadth of business cultures and behaviours
- Commercial awareness with a pragmatic approach to product development focused at growing the business.
- Has a mind-set of wrong thinking. Spots connections and sees opportunities when others don’t. Tests and explores.
- Seeks our differences and challenges assumptions. Is curious and diverse as well as collaborative
- Has strong long term thinking. Understands how to make good decisions and spot opportunities
- Appreciation for what is required to deliver change with minimum disruption
- Ability to manage and be flexible to changes in project scope
- Proven experience in managing indirect and external resources
- Strong influencing skills and experience of stakeholder management
- Ability to breakdown large scale objectives into manageable, measurable elements
- Ability to communicate complex ideas simply
- Inherent desire to drive improvement through new ways of working.
- Experience in Teamcenter (PLM) and Atlassian (ALM) systems.
- A successful track record of product development process improvement within a product development industry
- Preferable to have experience in business continuous improvement or change programme methodology.
- Experience of working in a global environment - sensitive to and experienced in cultural differences.
- Track record of creating and embedding change programmes across technical functions and achieving process change in global engineering organisations
- Ability to drive business change through influencing business leaders using sound communication and collaborative decision making skills
- Project and Programme Management Skills, including business case management, consultant selection and management experience.
- Business Process Management skills, process and value stream mapping experience.
- Expertise in advanced engineering tools and techniques (related to efficiency, speed, quality of engineering)
- Experience in deployment of IT projects.
- Expertise in, or experience of working within, agile methodologies.
- Experience in MES and SAP systems.
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.