- Design and Development
- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing
The next few years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. All thanks to a £2.5 billion commitment to its future technology pipeline. This growth will need the support of more new people across other functions around the world, including the Philippines. We have c. 6,000 engineers and scientists worldwide and we are now looking to recruit more in the Philippines. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organize itself globally and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect. With APAC now our biggest growth region, we need to question where and how we invest to underpin the future. Our plans for the Philippines are ambitious and we are looking for talented people to join our Research, Design and Engineering families!
About the role
A Lead Category Engineer is required for our RDD office in the Philippines. The office is due to experience significant growth over the coming years and will expand both in terms of people and space to meet the growing product portfolio handled by the team.
The successful candidate is required to work alongside and drive an extended cross team colleagues covering technical functions (not limited to but including mechanical, electronics, software, materials, analysis, compliance etc.), quality and reliability, procurement, finance, commercial, and operational teams to ensure current production models are robust to the real world conditions and achieve both performance and user satisfaction targets.
Clear technical understanding and good decision-making capabilities are essential.
- Identifies and manages market return failures. Ensure delivery of solution with urgency
- Review / Respond / Resolve any inquiries / tasks from both internal or external in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Drive cost down and 2nd source activities to production on time, cost and to specification
- Conduct engineering and resource evaluations in support of cost reduction initiatives such as alternative parts/suppliers, engineering redesign, etc. or quality improvement activities
- Development of the project time plan, coordinating cross-functional resources both internally and externally to implement and deliver the project objectives Provide strategic proposal to the management team so informed decisions can be made
- Review and align requirements for product improvement working with Design team
- Collaborate with Quality, Operations & Manufacturing teams to review yield, line quality issues and review results on system process improvement and value enhancement opportunities
- Manage communication with all functional areas i.e. Engineering, Operations, Procurement, Compliance team & Suppliers to ensure stakeholders are aligned and that deliverables and dependencies are clearly understood
- Prepare and present reports to escalate issues and enable management decision making where appropriate
- Participate in the definition of and control project budget and cost
- A degree in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline or equivalent
- Extensive experience in a relevant role, working on complex and challenging technical problems
- Knowledge and understanding of a broad range of engineering and manufacturing techniques
- Experience working in a 3D CAD design environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage tasks with a diverse range of priorities and problems
- Manage progress, analyse, collate & report project status and data from a cost, time, spec perspective
- Manage human and time resource on projects.
- Contribute to team/department level initiatives & change projects.
- Good organisational skills. Able to plan, prioritise tasks and to co-ordinate work with others.
- Able to translate and communicate technical information (example: lead technical reviews presentations) to project teams, managers and heads of departments as required
- Approx. 4+ years plastic, metal part designing and prototyping experience. Have 2 + years in people management experience.
Dyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses.
Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career.
Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by ambitious growth plans, regular reviews and dynamic workshops.
A vibrant company culture based on being; Different, Authentic and Pioneering.
At Dyson we combine work life balance, with the latest devices, a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit.
It’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
All benefits are accessible from day 1
- HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
- Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
- Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
- Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
- Career development and growth in a global team
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.