- Competitive + bonus
- Research Engineering
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We’re looking for a Lead CFD/FEA Research Engineer to join our Environmental Care Research team.
About the roleWhat you'll be doing:
- Fundamental research into concepts related to quieter/more efficient products.
- Implement aero-acoustic (CFD and LB) and finite element analysis (implicit and explicit) simulations in order to steer development with the New Product Innovation design engineers.
- Explore and introduce the latest simulation techniques to the Dyson product design process.
- Develop and deliver next-gen technologies in tandem with New Product Innovation design engineers.
- Work autonomously and independently to scope and deliver product focused technology concepts.
- Conduct/support research with external institutes and universities toward future technology/capability development.
- Design, build, and test candidate technologies, and disseminate knowledge to groups varying from graduates to directors.
- Present concepts to James Dyson and the Executives when required.
We're looking for:
- Strong engineering degree in Mechanical/Aero/Acoustic Engineering (other disciplines with relevant experience will be considered).
- CFD and FEA experience is required; prior experience with ANSYS CFD software and LS-Dyna is preferred.
- Knowledge of aero-acoustic and vibro-acoustic simulation, analysis, and experimental methodologies.
- Working knowledge of aero-acoustic simulation and analysis (LES/LB methods) would be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of LabView, Matlab, and Python (or alternative coding languages) would be an advantage.
- Must be a clear communicator with good presentation skills.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.