- £Competitive + bonus
- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At Dyson, we start with an engineering mindset and different thinking, then continuously refine our ideas, unwilling to compromise until we’ve found a better way. Our Software team develops app integration and ensures connectivity in our machines. We’re now leading the way in creating software for connected technology and a more intuitive owner experience. We already have 2 million machines in the field, sending 150 million messages per day to the cloud. But this is just the start.
We’re looking for an Lead Cloud Software Engineer to join the Cloud Robot Team.
About the roleYou and your team will be building and maintaining Cloud software for all of Dyson’s Robot products - past, present and future. You will be using Node.js, C# and Python – whatever is right for the job – to run in containers or as serverless functions within the AWS cloud. You will be collaborating with teams across Dyson to deliver the right solution for the customer. You will also be driving forward the architecture and processes that will allow Dyson to take today’s and tomorrow’s problems in its stride.
What you'll be doing:
- Evolving team practices and tooling towards continuous delivery
- Monitoring, measuring and investigating production issues
- Developing, testing and deploying distributed applications
- Designing, building, testing and running software in production
About youYou’ll have:
- Experience with cloud services (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience in building production quality software
- Experience with automated testing
- Outstanding communication skills
We’d also like to see:
- Familiarity with agile software development
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous delivery techniques
- 27 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Free on site Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.