- Design and Development
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
Internet connected and smart home products are growing areas for Dyson where we aim to continue our reputation of being innovative and disruptive. Since our first launch of products in connected space, we have grown fast to several millions of connected machines, and we are envisioning a steep growth in 2022 and beyond both in scale and connected features. We want to expand the team to build reliable, scalable, and secure services and features to support these increasing demands with innovative and competitive technologies in IoT, Machine Data Lake, Data Analytics and Machine Learning to support our vision. We have a ‘You build it, you run it’ ethos and run all our services within Amazon Web Services (AWS). Our teams are responsible for the architecture, development, testing, and operational support of their services in all environments. We are a global department with teams located in the UK, Singapore, and China and we encourage flexible, independent, and innovative thinking in our engineers to deliver solutions.
We’re building world-class cross functional Agile teams to deliver our ambitious vision in the connected space.
If you thrive on working in a collaborative, stimulating, dynamic environment and relish difficult software engineering challenges then we’d like to speak to you!
About the role
As a Lead Cloud Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the Out of the Box experience of all Dyson Connected products, this includes pairing the Dyson Link app with connected products and building API and microservices for Connected products. You will be using Node.js, C# or whatever is right for the job - to run in containers or as serverless functions within the AWS cloud. You will be responsible for features from inception to delivery, ensuring
that all software produced is to the highest standard. You will be working collaboratively with the team in paired programming and mobbing sessions to ensure that we deliver the right solution for the problem at hand.
The team follow agile methodologies and are keen to ensure that the latest and best practices for software development are followed; all team members are encouraged to contribute to these evolving standards.
What you'll be doing:
- Architecting, Designing, developing, testing and deploying micro-service applications.
- Monitoring, measuring and investigating production issues
- Working in team-based development sessions to share knowledge and responsibilities
- Encouraged to learn new technologies and skills as part of Personal Innovation time.
- Strong ability to lead and coach software developers through advice, guidance and pairing to deliver quality at high velocity.
- Expert in DotNet Core or NodeJS development
- Expert in one of Cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with Docker or other virtualisation tools
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery techniques and tooling
- Experience in building production quality software
- Exposure to automated testing (Unit / Integration)
- Familiarity with Agile working practices
- Outstanding communication skills
Please apply if you:
- Think this sounds fun
- Like resolving complicated problems
- An interest in learning new technologies, skills and techniques
- Have experience with some of our technologies and tools
- Take pride in writing great code
- Have a strong background in software engineering
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.