- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
To manage the Compliance & Approvals activities, which shall include in particular, but not limited to the following:
- Determines product safety approval test scope, develops a preliminary plan of investigation, and determines project specifications such as cost, lead time, and sample requirements by analysing product category, available supplemental data, product specification and construction.
- Manage all pre-compliance, compliance and other product safety related testing. Ensure all test activities are carried out in a timely manner in accordance to test plan.
- Ensure all the test activities are carried out strictly according to the appropriate international test standards (UL1727 / UL859 / IEC/EN 60335 / EU directives and etc).
- Coordinates laboratory activities by scheduling and reviewing work of laboratory technicians and engineering support staff, and establishing completion dates. Coordinates administrative aspects of project management.
- Examines test samples and read measuring instruments, blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, and operational instructions. Evaluates test performance, provides feedback to project design team regarding issues and/or problems with test, data sheets and reviews test and construction data issued by testing laboratory.
- Operates designated machines that may include electrical test equipment, temperature indicating devices, meters, hand tools, personal computer, and special laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power meters, power sources, distortion analysers and luminance meters.
- Collaborate with Compliance & Approvals Engineer / Manager for major failures and test concerns. Ensure all new failures are consolidated through appropriate communication method to Design Team for immediate attention.
- Collaborate with approval agencies and 3rd party test laboratories for the purposes of obtaining testing, evaluation services and product safety certification.
- Collaborate with company country distributors for countries product safety approval/ certificate renewal application.
- Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
- Performs other duties as agreed.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.