- Regulatory and Compliance
- United States - Chicago Office
Job Title: Product Compliance Engineer
Department: Dyson Technology Limited
This role is based in Dyson Americas, reporting to Sr Compliance Manager in the US.
This role is primarily responsible for executing product compliance and approval activities for US/CA market. You will be able to grow, shape and implement your knowledge about compliance into actions that have significant impact in bringing products to market.
Being part of the global compliance team puts you in the VIP section. You will be a key connector between the local teams in the Americas and the rest of the global operations. We have a strong technical group that values diverse expertise in local and global knowledge.
You will work with all the key teams: Legal, Marketing, Compliance Engineering, Sales, and Logistics to either facilitate or complete key tasks. In this role you can assess what needs to be done and find the right person or take on the ownership to close any barriers with product launch.
- Carry out detailed graphics and packaging reviews to ensure artwork, instructions, and labels comply with market regulations and safety standards.
- Research standards and regulatory requirements for new product requirements.
- Support business and compliance engineering with data reporting and registrations in US/CA.
- Support customs clearance questions and activities as related to product compliance.
- Review how changes in standards could impact the design of products.
- Maintain local documentation & records per any regulatory registration requirements
- Support sales team with retailer testing/compliance program questions.
- Collaborate with other Dyson teams to continuously improve the effectiveness of the market approval processes.
- Be the VOC with internal process improvements.
• Experience and expertise in bringing a product to market from a compliance perspective.
• Experience with product approvals and testing.
• Knowledge of local regulatory authorities and their processes
• Experience in understanding and interpreting industry standards.
• Excellent creative problem-solving and project management skills.
• 5 years experience with compliance and market approvals
• Technical, personal and business credibility to work effectively with cross functional teams and at different levels inside the organization.
• Very detail orientated
• Strong Research skills that can synthesize and translate information to product application.
• Excellent creative problem solving skills.
• Ability to adapt plans to changing environments.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Excellent collaboration skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.