- United Kingdom - Hullavington Office
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. Better experiences.
We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore. Engineering exciting new technologies which defy convention and pioneer radical re-inventions that work.
Right now, we have ambitious plans to continue growing our Direct global business. Much of this direct business will come from existing Dyson owners, so it’s essential that we provide them with the best possible experiences right the way through from purchasing their first Dyson machine, through the full ownership lifecycle, to the point where they return to buy from us again. The impact of the recent changes in the world have propelled the opportunity for digital, opening up a host of new avenues and technologies to explore. As part of the newly formed Global Connectivity function, the Connected Experience Design team is responsible for designing App journeys that maximise our technology and provide the care and support that our owners deserve. Creating the best possible experiences at every point in the journey. Delivering the same attention to detail to each interaction as we do in the engineering of our machines. Our focus is on evolving our suite of Dyson Apps and devices to become broader owner channels, using our expertise and driving innovation, all to design the seamless digital experiences that set us apart from the competition.
We’re looking for a Lead Content Strategist with a background in content planning and creation. Leading content strategy across our Connected real estate and with an initial focus on our mobile Apps, you’ll collaborate with Research, Engineering and Commercial teams to define the content needs for the connected experiences within our Apps globally.
We’re embarking on a mission to make the App the one stop shop for all our owner needs, and for the first time, provide experiences – and content – personalised to our owners based on what we know about them and the machines they own, giving our them the best possible experience of Dyson.
You’ll ensure that we’re making full use of all the vast array of existing content already within the business (currently used across other channels such as web, email and social) as well as writing briefs to create additional media (film, imagery, copy and more) that allow us to provide more relevant experiences then we’ve ever been able to before, powered by the connected insights that will give us the best possible understanding of our owners, their behaviors and their machines.
You’ll need to become an expert in each of our core product categories – Floorcare, Haircare and Environmental Control, plus new exciting new categories that follow – regional/market nuances, and even more so in understanding what content our owners will find most valuable, working from insights provided from our Connected UX Research team.
For each new product that’s launched, you’ll work with the Categories and Commercial to understand the key features and ownership considerations of the products and you’ll feed into NPD campaign development to ensure we produce all the content needed within our connected experiences and as part of the marketing of connected features.
You’ll own the global content calendar for the App, taking into account seasonal, geographical and category specific nuances to ensure that we land the right message at the right time for each user.
You will create content guidance for Regions and Markets to enable them to enhance the experience in their markets. Co-create a playbook on what is created at the center and what can be created in region, who can publish what/how and what the interface is with the tools we use elsewhere in the business.
- Leading the Connected content strategy - being responsible for the quality of the content that goes live in the Dyson Link App. Making the Dyson Link App the go-to destination for our Owners (100m by 2025) driving incremental revenue, reducing calls to Customer Service, reducing returns and refunds with a net benefit of several hundred million £ profit.
- Reporting to the Head of Experience Design, representing our Owners, our categories and their content needs in the brief definition, design and delivery process.
- Responsible for all Connected content projects and assets in the Dyson Link App. Taking insight-led research and designing content plans accordingly.
- Using data and insight to understand what types of content works and what can be improved to deliver on the core KPIs
- Be accountable for the performance of the content within the Dyson Link App and ensuring that is surpasses the metrics set and that is within the Dyson TOV and reputation guidelines
- Responsible for the quality of the content briefs and ensuring that the briefs are prioritized correctly
- Responsible for the quality of interaction with the other teams and functions that the role will work with from RDD, NPI to Commercial and Regions.
- Constantly push the boundaries of what our content approach is and ensure that it is fit for purpose for the Owner but also the Categories.
- Helping to input into the development our digital design system, identifying the role of content both our own, content form others and content that is UGC.
- Responsible for understanding how we can scale and define the design, delivery, translation and publishing approach and partners required.
- Review the CMS needs of the App and what we need to ensure that the Content ecosystem is properly supported by teams, process and platforms.
- Present work to brief owners and senior stakeholders – articulating ideas and confidently defending proposals with reasoned and evidenced arguments supported by research insights. Take on feedback and ensure that the project timelines are met whilst the content is iterated.
- Work with Category, Commerical and Regions to understand the nuances of Owners in different regions, how they consume content and what their needs are to deliver the outcomes required.
- Create kits, playbooks and guidelines to communicate the content and journey strategy and recommendations to our global markets and project teams.
- Content planning – a detailed plan of what content is needed when and for whom
- Collaboration – you’ll need to work with and influence other teams to get desired outcomes
- Budget management for content creation - work with the Commercial team to ensure the assets arrive on brand and on time.
- 5 or more years of relevant experience in content design, production, planning or strategy
- Ideally - Relevant experience in content for native mobile applications
- A user-centric approach, making decisions based on insight
- An expert understanding of content, what works, what doesn’t
- High quality brief writing and clarity of what the job to be done is and how it will be achieved through content
- Experience working in an agile delivery/development process
- Confident running group sessions and workshops
- Confident in presenting and explaining ideas to stakeholders and colleagues
- Ability to question a requirement and highlight key content challenges or opportunities
- Ability to work across multiple projects, solve problems efficiently, and meet tight deadlines
- Experience in working within the confines of what can be delivered via a multi-language Content Management System
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.