- Malaysia - Global Development Campus, Johor Bahru
About the team
As a global technology enterprise, we recognize that our actions have far-reaching consequences. We have a responsibility to proactively behave in a sustainable way.
At Dyson we strive to make a positive difference. We are rising to the challenge of creating disruptive technology in a socially responsible way. We apply the same principles of innovation, collaboration and resourcefulness that our engineers use for product design to ensure we maintain a sustainable business. The challenge is great and are our aspirations are large. Together we are working to solve important problems, such as reducing our environmental footprint, contributing to the communities we operate in and ensuring our supply chain meets our high standards.
It started with the vacuum bag – or, more specifically eliminating it. Now, we’re constantly looking at ways to do more, with less.
About the role
The role holder will report into Sustainability Manager as part of the Legal, Regulatory and Compliance team, supporting Dyson on a journey towards best in class environmental and social stewardship and sustainability within its supply chain.
The role holder will be responsible for implementation of Dyson’s supply chain sustainability strategy, including projects, policies, reporting, due diligence assessments and process development among the contract manufacturers (“CM”) or non CM direct suppliers globally.
Supporting the implementation of Ethical and Environmental Code of Conduct policy across the business by implementing due diligence tools to support global procurement processes
Training of suppliers on Ethical and Environmental Code of Conduct requirements and subsequently conducting assessments, inspections, and investigations of detected code of conduct violations including modern slavery and conditions of forced labour.
Providing support to direct suppliers on issues of potential human rights concerns and undertake remedial and improvement plans.
To champion and safeguard Dyson’s ethical and environmental standards amongst our supply chain. Duties include:
Direct Supplier Management
- Assist the Sustainability Manager in implementing strategies and policies for direct supply chain especially with Dyson Manufacturing sites in Malaysia, CM and on assigned portfolio of direct suppliers globally.
- Integrating sustainability requirements into procurement processes and working with the Dyson Commercial and Procurement teams to ensure that new and existing suppliers meet the required ethical and environmental standards.
- Developing and implementing Dyson’s sustainability improvement programme for direct Supplier including risk assessments, supply chain mapping, policy, due diligence processes and assessments
- Monitor and manage forced labour risk in the supply chain especially with focus on assigned supplier portfolio globally.
- Develop improvement plans for assigned supplier portfolio for compliance to Dyson Ethical and Environmental Code of Conduct.
- Work closely with the Sustainability Audit & Programme team to implement social compliance audit programme.
- Follow up and responsible to ensure all audit findings and corrective actions are closed within the agreed timeline.
- Assist in Implementation of specific worker welfare programme that include Labor, Health and Safety.
- Conduct monthly review meeting with assigned portfolio of suppliers on their performance
- Manage and analyse supplier CSER performance data
Reporting and Governance
- Assist Sustainability Manager in the preparation on weekly and monthly updates to key stakeholders on current issues and progress.
- Monitoring best practice and new developments in supply chain sustainability for inclusion in future strategy
- Supporting the implementation of Dyson’s supply chain policies, including Dyson’s Ethical and Environmental Code of Conduct.
- Supporting in Supply Chain reporting that includes monthly progress report and annual Modern Slavery Statement publication.
- Conducting monthly review meeting with procurement/ global commodity managers (GCM) on supplier performance.
- Managing relationships with third party independent auditors, other external partners and initiatives ie; Responsible Mineral Initiative & Responsible Labor Initiative.
- Assist Sustainability Manager in preparation and execution of the yearly Audit Plan for all assigned Direct Suppliers globally.
- Overseeing the audit and Corrective Action process for direct suppliers and engage with the senior management teams of suppliers to improve conditions for workers.
- Conduct Dyson lead audit using the assigned and approved audit tools if necessary.
- 5 years (min) sustainability experience, preferably within supply chain.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in leading social audits
- Knowledge and experience of relevant supply chain legislation including relating to modern slavery, health and safety of workers and manufacturing environmental legislation.
- Experience of designing and/or implementing risk-based supply chain due diligence processes, including risk assessments, audits and assessments
- A demonstrable interest and understanding of supply chain sustainability issues and the ways in which these challenges can be tackled.
- Ability to work independently and to find innovative approaches to address new challenges
- A methodical and detailed approach is essential, with excellent attention to detail.
- A passion for sustainability work is essential.
- Willing to travel domestics and overseas
- Educated to degree level (Ideally social/engineering/sustainability based)
- Certified in SA8000 will be added advantage
- Certified Lead Social Auditor
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.