- Netherlands - Amsterdam Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations, and more people.
Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. And across our support teams, we’re proud to be different. And importantly, we support change to maintain our rapid growth.
Our Finance team manages and balances complex budgets across our global business. Multiple regions, multiple categories and covering all aspects of the finance cycle. The team provides control and stability, which enables our family-owned business to be agile, adapt to constant change and focus on growth.
About the role
As our Lead Analyst, you will be part of the Global Customs Team working in an innovative, fast growing technology company. Your role will cover a range of HS classification related duties, reporting to the Customs & International Trade Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your international trade knowledge, from both an operational and compliance perspective, whilst expanding your technical skills in a supportive and friendly environment.
Collaborating with the rest of the Global Customs Team and engaging with key internal stakeholders, including operations, supply chain, legal and finance, external stakeholders (e.g., contract manufacturers, global customs brokers, external advisors, customs authorities), you will provide support and guidance through trade analytics, process design and improvements, risk management, trade awareness, and self-compliance.
- Support business operations on ad-hoc queries to ensure a smooth customs clearance process and the correct payment of duty and taxes
- Act as a subject matter expert to support HS classification guidance to various functions within the company, including RDD, logistics, and purchasing to ensure we meet legal requirements wherever Dyson operates
- Hold ownership of our HS code master data in the ERP system including new item creation process, and maintenance of existing data, to ensure data completeness and accuracy
- Actively monitor classification changes globally and update internal databases and processes accordingly
- Establish efficient classification process using software and/or platform
- Create and deliver classification trainings to internal and external stakeholders as required
- Establish and maintain our compliance dashboard to provide visibility on data integrity
- Broad experience in customs compliance, import and export processes in different jurisdictions, in an international environment
- At least 3 years of proven working knowledge of the WCO Harmonised System
- Able to deal with complex and large amounts of data
- Experience in the classification of home appliances, mechanical & electrical (advantageous)
- Experience working with SAP (advantageous)
- Able to manage competing priorities in a tight timeframe with limited resources
- Excellent attention to detail, able to work independently and as part of a team, a self-starter, resilient, flexible and willing to think outside the box
- Company bonus scheme
- 7.5% employer pension contribution
- Transportation allowance (0,19€/km)
- Life assurance and income protection
- Discount on Dyson products
- 29 days annual leave (plus ten public holiday days)
- Employee assistance programme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Free language courses
- Company fitness plan
- Contribution towards gym membership
- Contribution towards health insurance
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.