- Information Technology
- India - Bangalore IT Capability Centre
Dyson Data and Analytics team is a multi-disciplinary, global team providing round-the-clock development and operations - including product and project management, community enablement, governance, data architecture, data engineering, data science, and analytics expertise.
Involved with every aspect of Dyson’s global business - from finance to product development, manufacturing to owner experience – the team is seeking to deliver solutions generating impressive and tangible business value.
Data and analytics excellence at Dyson is delivered by a diverse and collaborative global community, at the heart of that community is a hub team that enables all others: In Dyson’s Data Analytics team, there has been significant investment into cloud technologies and tools; combined with an expansive scope and no shortage of ambition and momentum, Dyson Data Analytics team is recognized throughout the organization to the highest level as critical to all of Dyson's strategic objectives.
As the ‘hub’ team delivering the data, technology and community provision enabling Dyson’s global data and analytics capabilities, Dyson Data Analytics team have end-to-end responsibility for data from foundations (DQ, MDM) to management (data platforms, integrations), to value realization (analytics enablement and delivery).
About The Role:
- Providing technical leadership in Big Data space both on On-Prem and Cloud Environments (like GCP, AWS) across Dyson and contributes to open-source Big Data technologies.
- Writing and tuning complex Data Pipelines, workflows, and data structures
- Adhere to and govern adherence of Data Engineering best practices, dataops and Data Architecture principles.
- Adapting quickly to change in requirements and be willing to work with different technologies if required.
- Managing the business stakeholders including BI developers and Analysts
- Be the technical authority within the team, leading in deployment, testing activities with hands on engineering and automation experience including CI/CD
- Guide/mentor colleagues.
- Build/review detailed technical specifications.
- Designing and building end-to-end data solutions for analytics
- Strengthening data quality, correctness, and overall reliability
- Maintaining our documentation culture
- You should have a data background and wealth of experience working in different domains, environments, and variety of technologies.
- You should be able to adapt. For you, change in technology should not be an impediment, instead an opportunity.
- Experience in adoption of modern data stack.
- Write clean, modular, reusable, efficient and future proof code that can be easily understood by others. Inline documentation should be your second nature.
- Be able to understand and improve legacy code.
- Provide constructive feedback through PRs, pairing and mentoring.
- Seek to close gaps in documentation.
- You seek technical excellence and is self-driven and motivated.
- You have very strong experience with SQL, strong programming skills in a modern language (Python/Kotlin/Java/Scala) and experience working on a cloud environment.
- You are comfortable writing production grade software that solves problems often presented with ambiguity.
- You proactively identify challenges and opportunities and seek to improve the team(s).
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.