- Information Technology
- Singapore - Singapore
With a ‘one-team’ approach, the global community are on a mission to…
- …evolve existing solutions to stay ahead
- …embed emerging solutions to capitalise on potential benefits
- …deliver conceptualised & future solutions to introduce net-new capability
The team is a multi-disciplinary, global team providing round-the-clock development and operations – including product and project management, community enablement, governance, data architecture, data engineering, data science, and analytics expertise.
Involved with every aspect of Dyson’s global business - from finance to product development, manufacturing to owner experience – data is enjoying record-breaking investment and mandate for 2021 and beyond, seeking to deliver solutions generating impressive and tangible business value.
About the roleThis new role within the Data Product Management (DPM) team will deliver leadership across the Product Development and Operations portfolio of data products – spanning business areas including New Product Development, Product Quality, Manufacturing, Operations, and Supply Chain. The Lead Data Product Manager will own the delivery of several data products, whilst also providing leadership and mentorship to other members of the DPM team.
The Lead Data Product Manager will build relationships across the global Product Development and Operations community, including with Executive and Senior Staff Group members – ensuring effective collaboration, alignment and delivery. They will ensure that business priorities are known and understood and be responsible for ensuring that GDF activities deliver against them. The Lead Data Product manager will be responsible for maintaining an overall view of the value delivered by data and analytics across Product Development and Operations, to support justification of current and future investments.
The Lead Data Product Manager will, directly or indirectly, manage the delivery of…
- Existing data products – working with operations teams to ensure continued delivery, and development/technical teams to realise opportunities for evolution and enhancement
- Emerging data products – supporting the transition of data products from development into operational support, and participating in business change activities where appropriate
- Brand new data products – identifying business opportunities and/or translating business needs into data product proposals, and progressing these proposals through business case development and investment approval, to kick-off and delivery
Reporting to the Head of Data Strategy & Product Management, you will be responsible for:
- Acting as the senior point of contact within the Global Data Function for all Product Development and Operations use cases and queries – leveraging support from the Leadership team if required
- Balancing potentially competing priorities and objectives within the Product Development and Operations space to maximise value for Dyson - through resilience, tenacity and innovation
- Achieving true collaboration with stakeholders - encouraging two-way communication, transparency, and alignment of priorities, dependencies, and constraints
- Establishing and maintaining measurement and tracking of the financial and non-financial benefits delivered through the portfolio of data products in the Product Development and Operations area
- Identifying business opportunities and/or translating business needs into data product proposals - generating business cases to secure funding for these
- Driving the delivery of data products through the development process from initiation and design, to delivery and maintenance - drawing on other resources within the GDF
- Contributing to the efforts of the Global Data Function to build a collaborative community across Dyson’s data and analytics teams globally, and to progress the level of data literacy within Dyson.
About youPerson specification / Core Competencies:
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, including with Executive team members
- Comfortable with, and resilience to, a high change environment
- Excellent personal organisation, with proven ability to elicit requirements, generate a plan, and execute against it
- Significant experience leading multi-disciplinary teams to deliver challenging project outcomes to ambitious timescales
- Demonstrable applied knowledge of multiple aspects within data & analytics
- Outstanding commercial awareness and advanced knowledge of the typical business functions within a large organisation - what their respective roles are, and how they relate
- Significant experience in a field related to one or more aspects of Product Development and Operations, leveraging business intelligence, data analytics or data science
- Excellent influencing and relationship building skills - with colleagues from a variety of technical and non-technical disciplines
- Demonstrable track record securing large scale investments via pitching/presenting to groups of senior (including Executive) stakeholders
- Aptitude for project planning and execution, from initiation to completion
- Good working knowledge of data platforms, analytical tools and approaches
- A Bachelor’s or advanced degree is preferred, or equivalent experience
- Experience working within an organisation operating a federated analytics model
- While programming knowledge is not required, a demonstrable interest in and/or experience with data/analytics related technologies is a plus (e.g. SQL, Python, R, Google Cloud Platform)
- While competency with analytics tools is not required, a demonstrable interest in and/or experience with data visualisation tools is a plus (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.