- Data Analysis
- United Kingdom - Hullavington Office
Dyson Connectivity is responsible for defining a world-class Connected strategy, product and owner experience in the Dyson Link App, to help take this amazing technology to market, explaining how our machines are different and their benefits. We never share the stage, where we demonstrate our machines and their superiority we win. We are also responsible for the development and delivery of the Connected features within the Dyson Link App and Cloud.
The next period of Dyson’s growth will see us taking our technology into more markets, doubling the business and quadrupling Direct. It will see our Owner base grow rapidly and a focus on both acquiring more Owners and retaining the Owners we have.
Our vision is to help Dyson owners get the very best out of their Dyson machines, through effortless ownership and personalised care , by assisting them in simple, elegant and unexpected ways, using technology and data intelligently.
Our mission is to form a high-performing team to define a world-class Connected strategy and a reimagined Connected way of working and governance, harnessing data to create superior product and owner experiences, building a platform of trust with our owners and a community of Dyson advocates who will return to purchase from us again.
Connectivity will rely heavily on harnessing the power of data to provide insights back to the various areas of the business – NPI, RDD, Customer Services, Owner experience and GTM teams, to help make data based decisions. Connectivity will also help us provide a more agile, mission based operating model. One which will enable us to continue our journey but in a more structured and efficient ways.
We are on an exciting data journey where our emphasis is around providing a better usage experience for our Owners. To this end, we are investing heavily in brining together machine, app and owner data to bring bespoke recommendations – whether it be in help/support/guidance/repair/parts/machines – to our owners when they need it.
- The Data Science Manager will help build a new data science team to build cutting-edge capabilities that drive our owner and user experience, with tailored communication and personalised recommendations for care, retention and resolutions.
- You will work closely with Google and Google certified partners to build out these capabilities that are crucial for our 5 year plan, where we seek to double the business and grow the D2C proposition.
- The role will be responsible for helping define and oversee the Connected Intelligence Platform, Connected Control Tower and Data science toolset to ensure that the answers to these questions can either be self-served or provided through modelling and investigation of the data.
- You will get exposure and collaborate with a range of of stakeholders across the business, from our software developes who builds the app, to quality to ensure we we can provide proactive care, to RDD for future product development and enhancements, to commercial for ensuring all our our activations channels are making the most of the models you and your team will build.
- You will work along side our Data and MLops Enginers to ensure we develop capabilities, including recommendations systems, contact strategy models, next-best-action, and support the Director of Connected Data Science to drive our strategy and vision forward.
- In this role you will build up a world-class data science team and oversee their development ensure we have the right capabilities for the future.
- The role will need to have expertise within our core platforms, such as Google Cloud Platform, Python & R with Advanced SQL skills.
- Working alongside other data analysts in the Group Functions and Markets to identify opportunities and make recommendations to drive the Connected KPI’s and targets.
- In order to improve Owner Experience, Personalisation & Next Best Action, the role will assist the Journey team, in gathering data touch points for connected app interactions, so we can eventually start to optimise every single touchpoint on the owner journey and drive “Bought not Sold”
- The role will help shape the way Dyson thinks about insight and analytics, and support data led activation across the business. You and the team will build the foundations and continue to drive value and data driven decision making through modelling and analysis in an agile environment.
- This role is involved in one of our largest and most, extensive, insight-led projects using latest capabilities/developments in GCP and ML.
- You will define and manage the relevant budgets within Connected for Data Science and the corresponding platforms, tools and training that the teams require.
- Set up and build a highly motivated data science team that is pushing the bounderies of what is possible with data to drive truly personalised interactions
- You will drive the integration of machine, app, and owner data to ensure we have the best data picture of how Owners are buying and using their machines and accessories.
- Accountable for the build, test and validation of the models for connected data ensuring they are robust, fit for purpose and deliver the outcomes required.
- Ensure our capabilities can be pushed into the activation channels, such as the app, email, media. That means strong stakeholder management skills are required to deal with range of expectations regarding the nature of the outputs from the Connected Intelligence Platform and its uses.
- Accountable for building a community of data analysts and stakeholders who share and learn from each other to drive incremental gains back into the business
- Accountable for how we drive the usage of our connected data to enhance Owner experience, so it is utilised across multiple channels for acquisition and retention purposes
- Accountable for the Data Science roadmap to build and enhance models/platforms ahead of the business demand.
- Accountable for the budget required to deliver and work with IT for their budget needs
- Accountable for building and maintaining a high-performing data science team that supports the Connected objectives
- Advanced SQL
- Advanced Python and Tensorflow
- Experience with GCP
- Visualisation (Tableau, Looker)
- Programming Language (R, Python)
- Building Predictive Models for Commercial Use
- Well adverse with Machine Learning (including feature engineering and calibration)
- Good knowledge of statistics, machine learning techniques and data mining methods
- Make Recommendations in aid of commercial strategy
- A keen interest in problem solving and using scalable machine learning to solve the biggest data-related problems
- Strong communication skills to tell the story from the data and present findings to project teams & senior stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload, leading on multiple projects
- Mentoring other team members, encouraging and inspiring junior members of the team
- Collaborating with like-minded Data Scientists and analysts
- Working closely with business stakeholders to drive business value through the use of data science and AI
# LI Dyson
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.