- Design and Development
- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing Office
Dyson creates products that differentiate on the basis of technical leadership and innovation. This is baked into our product development process, ensuring that only world class products make it into production. We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset and different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
After production begins, we expect to continually refine and improve our product and offerings, ensuring that we identify, review and respond to market feedback. Our sustaining team provide the Design Engineering capability and resources to manage, improve, maintain and expand our multi-category portfolio of current production products. Through this approach we maintain and expand our competitive advantage after product launch.
About the role
- Setting the goals against Dyson blueprint. Plan, managing, delivering and measure the progress and result against the goals from the team effort and contribution.
- The Lead Design Engineer (Sustaining) role is expected to contribute his / her design engineering capability and collaborate with internal team as well as different cross functional departments globally, although this role will mainly be based in Philippine.
- Define plans, monitor progress and report to management on technical risks.
- Responsible to check and sign off the engineering deliverables, including technical reports, change management, engineering CAD and drawings, etc.
- He / she is expected to deal with different kind of challenging problems, taking the responsibility to develop design solution with a good technical justification and provide engineering deliverable (e.g. 8D reports, prototyping, testing & Analyse the result, engineering CAD & drawings, part approval reports, etc.).
- Capability to explain technical findings, conclusions and recommendations with scientific data / proof systematically to Directors, Heads of Departments, Design Managers in a clear and concise fashion.
- Core engineering processes e.g. Requirements Mgmt, Engineering Change Mgmt, Risk & Issue Mgmt, change management, impact analysis, concessions and implementation strategies
- Qualifying a finish goods from new contract manufacturer down to component level from a new source through Dyson core engineering process and systematic approach.
- In line with the business expansion, our Lead Design Engineer (Sustaining) is required to provide engineering deliverables in order to diversify our product variants and portfolio, as well as delivering a cost-effective design through the systematic value analysis and value engineering approach.
- A degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline or equivalent
- Proven experience worked in basic mechanical/product design principles and the development of products and technologies through prototyping and testing
- Ability to plan, prioritise and co-ordinate with work of others
- Technical and personal credibility to work effectively in cross-functional design teams throughout the project development cycle.
- Proven experience in understanding of multiple tooling and manufacturing techniques.
- Proven experience of delivering creative design solutions that improve upon existing product designs
- A creative and considered approach to problem solving, following clear design processes.
- Practical and methodical design development through hands on rig building, prototyping and testing.
- Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and coordinate with the work of others.
- Data Science or Statistical Tools (Design for 6 sigma, Pareto, DOE, etc.)
- Problem Solving Tools (8D, P Diagram, Fishbone, etc.)
- 3D Modelling and engineering drawing tools (CAD)
Dyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
All benefits are accessible from day 1
HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
Career development and growth in a global team
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.