- Product Design
- Singapore - Singapore
This individual will have full ownership of electrical integration functions within a project. He or she will also be responsible for day-to-day operational management of a functional team, lead and motivate the team to develop solutions that meet or exceed the technical specification, cost, time, safety, reliability and quality requirements as well as design for manufacturing.
About the role
- Responsible for delivering projects within discipline, covering Requirements, Specifications, Risks, and Issues.
- Safeguard development and verification of products and works towards best practice, whilst maintain flexibility in their approach and a proactive can do attitude.
- Proactively identify technical risks and take the lead in the design and verification of the engineering solutions.
- Responsible for delivering to engineering builds, ensuring quality and rigour of rigs built according to specifications.
- Manage, review and sign off release of engineering drawings and tolerance stacks for key milestones.
- Understand the needs of key stakeholders and communicate effectively in all directions.
- Work collaborately with cross teams to seek overall optimal solutions and get the most from Dyson technology.
- Lead a functional team and act as a key source of knowledge to the rest of the team. Stay current with technology trends and identify opportunities for improvement and development within the team.
- Degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Over 8 years’ experience in design, develop and deliver electrical and mechanical integration solutions including battery pack, power supply, printed circuit board, motor, looming, cable and cordset for high volume consumer products.
- Ability to gather information systematically to establish facts and principles required to solve complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to assess multiple viewpoints/argument independently, and determine technical path forward for the function of a project.
- Expert in essential techniques such as CAD, FMEA and root cause analysis.
- Strong organization and project planning skills to manage multiple high priority tasks and resources simultaneously.
- Demonstrate proficiency in coaching others; recognised as a great mentor/sponsor for professional development.
- Communicate effectively complex ideas and concepts, frequently tailoring communication to suit different levels. Has strong ability to influence cross-functional teams at all levels.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.