- Product Design, Research Engineering
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille.
There are over 4000 in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. At our Development Centre in Johor Bahru, Malaysia & Singapore there are almost 1600 of us, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. Our teams there will rise to more than 2000 over the next 2 years.
About the roleWe are currently looking for a Lead Design Engineer to be based in our development centre in Senai, Johor.
- Ambitions problem solver, design and develop products / technologies that to meet or exceed technical specification, cost, time, safety, reliability and quality requirements.
- Enjoy challenges and ability to use a blend of software, electronics, mechanical and control system expertise to problem solving and offer innovative solution to technical challenges on day to day basis.
- Enthusiastic in design, develop and built a working prototype rig at early stage of design and development to demonstrate solutions to particular issues that to be resolve. Accept failure and learn from failure.
- Collaboration with manufacturing, quality as well as contract manufacturer teams and provides support to the manufacturing related activities to ensure high quality products are delivered to end customers.
- Work closely and team up with several of engineers and specialists from all technical discipline around the globe to ensure solution obtained meet product requirements. Optimistic, candor and positive mind-set to accept criticism.
- Take an active role as a key driver to ensure that all engineering problems are resolved thoroughly & validated through appropriate test methods; development of new test method might require when necessary.
- Adoption of the established Dyson cultures, design methodology, engineering best practices & discipline to deliver robust design solutions in agreed timeframe; time management is crucial.
- Collaboration with global RDD team efficiently and effectively to ensure accurate hand-over of knowledge, tasks and actively participates in design review including with executives.
- A role model and mentor junior engineers with in RDD, the role may involve leading small group design engineers.
- Good Degree (3.0 or higher) qualified in an Engineering or science discipline, preferably mechatronics, electromechanical, mechanical, product design & etc.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in product design environment – direct involvement in plastic part design, tooling, plastic injection molding process, assembly process, tolerance analysis, statistical process control, experience of mechatronics and control system design.
- Good knowledge of statistical tool, analysis and technique, DOE, root cause analysis and etc.
- Basic knowledge of control system.
- Basic knowledge of electromechanical or mechatronic components.
- Basic knowledge of basic programming, C++, Visual Basics, labview, MATLAB etc.
- Good communication skill. Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Good experience in product R&D, familiar with product development processes and best practice.
- Good working knowledge of 3D CAD (preferably Unigraphics), GD&T and technical drawing.
- Good knowledge of plastic, metal or engineering materials and its application.
- Good knowledge in manufacturing processes and techniques, tooling, plastic injection molding & etc.
- Good understanding of prototyping, product verification testing and hands-on problem solving.
- Strong ability to plan, priorities and co-ordinate with work of others.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, ability to apply statistical tool, analysis and technique for problem root cause analysis and provide tangible solution for decision making.
- Responsible for managing the self-performance and a small team within own function, driving team engagement, way of working, supporting individual development and team player.
- You’re driven, confident and ambitious. You take responsibility and accountability and are willing to take on a challenge.
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.