- Design and Development
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
- Own the development of electro-mechanical assemblies within the NPI team.
- Integrate sensing into proof of principle rigs to demonstrate new product opportunities.
- Support the team in electrical and control system projects
- Develop high performance control algorithms to enhance product performance.
- Own test rig control system design and build as needed
- Design and build bespoke control electronics
Skills Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience using Arduino or Raspberry Pi
- Knowledge of sensors and how to optimise performance and integrate into products
- Software experience – Arduino/Python/C++
- Experience writing algorithms for system processing.
- Understanding how electronics systems and microprocessor work
- Basic CAD integration and hands on build experience
- Quick turnaround proof of principle rigs
- Degree in Electronic, Mechatronics or Mechanical engineering with 2 years experience in engineering or higher education (PhD)
- Working knowledge of National Instruments hardware product range
- LabView – create GUI based electro-mechanical systems
- PCB design experience
- Experience with using Arduino hardware and software
- Machine learning – able to develop algorithms for complex sensor arrangements and product behaviour
- Prototype PCB design – Design Spark, Altium
- Robot arm - control and programming
- Product level electrical integration using CAD
- The ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information across the business (technical and non-technical) is essential for the successful applicant.
- You will be a highly driven individual who strives for accuracy & quality in work delivered.
- You will be able to solve problems in a logical way, pre-empt future problems and seizing opportunities without waiting to be told.
- The proven ability to work as part of a team or un-supervised to an agreed goal or set of deliverables is imperative.
- Build technical relationships with research and cross teams
- Self-starter – able to take a problem and run with it
- Challenge conventional approaches – always look for alternative solutions which are better and more efficient.
- Creative approach - Problem solver
Performance related bonus.
Company paid Life Insurance.
Discounts on Dyson machines.
Competitive pension scheme.
Flexible benefits programme with a growing range of voluntary benefits, including the ability to purchase additional holidays.
27 days holiday plus public holidays.
Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon.
Free on-site parking.
Subsidized café providing endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch.
Private Medical insurance for all employees.
Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents.
Digital GP and prescription service.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.