- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson products strive to be at the leading edge of technology. Through unique strategic partnerships with global top universities and leading businesses, we gain foresight of up and coming technologies. The Technical Research team aims to exploit this knowledge to design state-of-the-art products allowing us to differentiate from the competition and be ahead of the times.
About the roleThe Lead Electronics Hardware Design Engineer role involves specification, design and test of the electronic circuits for new products across all of Dyson’s consumer appliance product categories. As a member of the UK Electronics HW Design group based in Malmesbury, England, you will work in multi-disciplinary global project teams to define, architect and deliver the electronics for new products. You may also be working with Dyson’s Research and New Product Innovation teams to investigate and develop novel electronics to support and realise new product ideas.
The role will require a highly motivated, creative, methodical and flexible person, ready to take on challenges with a pragmatic approach. You may also be tasked with leading a team of electronics engineers on a development project, and also with supervising, mentoring and guiding junior engineers.
- Providing team and/or technology leadership for new product development.
- Development of analogue, digital and microcontroller-based electronic circuits for new Dyson products.
- Design for new products across all Dyson product categories.
- Ownership of electronic requirements, circuit design, analysis, reviews, and supervision of verification and validation testing.
- Development of novel technologies and circuit designs for new & existing product streams.
- Ensuring that you and your team meet the industry standards; and adhere to Dyson processes.
- Liaising with Dyson engineering teams in the UK and South East Asia to drive products through to production.
- Liaising with suppliers to establish efficient designs.
- Pro-active adoption and championing of high quality engineering practices within the Dyson framework.
About youAs a Lead Engineer you will be an experienced design engineer, self-powered and capable of working unsupervised to generate high quality design solutions. You will have experience of the whole product development lifecycle, from initial concept generation through to mass production and beyond.
- Degree qualified in a relevant electronics discipline.
- Experience of electronics through multiple product development cycles.
- Knowledge and experience of regulatory certification at the PCBA and product levels.
- Experience in a team or technology leadership role.
- Experience of regulatory certification at PCBA and product levels.
- Use of system analysis and design tools such as Enterprise Architect.
- Experience within a highly regulated design environment.
- Ability to advance Dyson process framework
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.