- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
About the role
- Design, develop and implement specific solution for home appliances products using a range of electronics technologies
- Ensure design solutions meet product specifications and functional requirements (performance, reliability, DFM, cost and serviceability, compliance with international regulatory standards e.g. IEC, UL and EMC)
- Prototypes and implements new product design including analog and digital hardware and embedded software
- Produce detailed engineering materials including design schematics, PCB layout, Tolerance analysis, design notes, FMEA, Failure analysis report and technical review documents.
- Actively collaborate with other function teams (motor, mechanical, compliance, Embedded SW, Energy Storage, test team and etc) to ensure product and system requirements are fully met
- Actively involved in design reviews and identify potential technical risks with proposed mitigations, able to lead the investigation to proactively solve complex problems
- Lead the overall hardware development of a product/category, and drive the team of a small number of hardware engineers to achieve the desired outcome
- Responsible for the management of the team’s plans to deliver to project deadlines
- Provide technical coaching and design guidance to engineers
- Involve in electronics development process improvement activities
- Bachelor Degree in (Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunication ) or equivalent.
- At least minimum 5 – 6 years’ experience, preferably personnel specializing in Engineering, particularly in design and development of Electronics Hardware Circuits and Systems
- Expected experience of leading a small team for electronics development in RDD environment
- Design knowledge and experience in major aspect of Electronics: Power Electronics, Motor control, Analogue, Digital and sensing technology with its interfacing (magnetic, optics, etc. )
- Have understanding on Embedded microcontroller-based platforms, such as 8-bit/16-bit ARM Cortex microcontrollers
- Working Knowledge of Schematic capture, PCB layout software such as Mentor Graphics
- Experience using simulation tools to support design calculations, tolerance analysis and documentation
- Sound Knowledge in Home Appliance Safety Requirement / Standard will be an advantage
- Full PDLC management experience/track record
- Experience in EMC troubleshooting is essential
- Knowledge in Wiring design will be an advantage
- Experience is Design QA, DFM, DFX, DFMEA is essential
- Capable to deliver high quality results within tight time deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently and effectively as a team.
- Highly motivated person with good communication skills and able to work within a team
- Independent, Integrity and self-driven with a strong focus on results
- Possess a strong command of written and spoken English
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries, management bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a career at Dyson. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.