- Hullavington - United Kingdom
About the roleShowcasing the cutting-edge robotic technologies of the future involves bringing together talented people who share common ambitious goals and visions, rethinking problems and framing them properly, utilising the right tools and resources, and doing all of this at the right time. That’s our goal: to build a world class robotics team with a focused vision of robots solving concrete problems in the real world.
We want to create a team that is able to work alongside our roboticists to develop innovative hardware systems that turn theory into practice. It is this culture of ambition and excellence paired with an enjoyable and healthy work-life balance that makes Dyson different! It’s a place to unleash your passion, talent, ideas and show what robots can do for the world.
No robotics experience necessary!
Dyson is building the highest performance robots possible. This means creating primarily custom PCBs, electronics systems, and embedded code designed along with the mechanical and software team. Examples include battery management, sensor integration, custom data bus integration, wiring harness design, power electronics and BLDC motor control, interfaces to external perception sensors, and integration with a user interface via wireless connections.
We seek electronics engineer to join our existing team, designing and assembling electronics for robot prototypes and test rigs. Applicants should feel comfortable designing and assembling one-off boards for rapid prototyping as well as cost-effective boards for production.
• Design and development of hardware electronic including microcontroller, digital, power supplies, motor control (<100W) and analogue functions.
• Technology selection, circuit design, modelling and simulation, PCB layout and prototyping.
• Liaise with mechanical engineers for ensuring a suitable product integration.
• Generate design specifications, drawings, schematics, BOMs, assembly drawings (Altium).
• Organise manufacture of prototypes and purchasing of specialised components.
• Prototype and build boards, bring-up and testing of PCBs.
• Mechanical assembly of subsystems and systems.
• Investigate new emerging technologies and how they can be used in our embedded systems.
• A BSc. or Masters in Electronics Engineering or related field
• 5 years’ experience in circuit design, schematic and PCB CAD design, working with embedded software, microcontrollers, high-speed data buses, power electronics etc.
• Extensive experience with sensors typically found on robotic systems.
• Experience with assembling and debugging PCBs and electronics components by hand.
• Experience of working within an Electronics/Engineering lab.
• Familiar with embedded C programming such as low-level firmware in embedded system coding and high-level control systems.
• Familiar with other domains of mechatronic system design and mechanical design.
• Commitment to a design-right-first-time approach through simulation and bench testing.
• Experience developing products for large scale manufacture, i.e. DFM.
• A good eye for detail, team worker and self-motivated with plenty of initiative.
• Mechanical design experience (2D or 3D)
• Exposure to RF electronic design
• FPGA VHDL experience
• 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
• Pension scheme
• Performance related bonus
• Private medical insurance
• Life assurance
• Sport centre
• Free on-site parking
• Subsidised café and restaurants
• Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.